Lost Sheep Returns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW.. Welcome back.... I can remember several posts were all I could say is "what she said" in total agreement with what you'd just posted... again.. Welcome back!

Glad you're back - nice pic. :)

I had already posted this in the passings forum, but for all of you who missed it:

Many of you might not remember this user, she was my mother (but I read through all of her posts, she never mentioned her kids, no shock there...)

she he was on this board from 2004-2007. She posted in the singles board A LOT. In 2010 she suffered a massive stroke and she died June 5th 2014.

I would be really appreciative if someone who knew her would give me any email addresses she had. I've been googling her trying to "get to know" her as we had an extremely strained relationship.

I had already posted this in the passings forum, but for all of you who missed it:

Many of you might not remember this user, she was my mother (but I read through all of her posts, she never mentioned her kids, no shock there...)

she he was on this board from 2004-2007. She posted in the singles board A LOT. In 2010 she suffered a massive stroke and she died June 5th 2014.

I would be really appreciative if someone who knew her would give me any email addresses she had. I've been googling her trying to "get to know" her as we had an extremely strained relationship.

That's pretty sad.

You should probably just move on. Think of the time you are taking from really good people in your life?

(I am so sorry though) People are flawed, you have to let it go.

I remember your mom, enjoyed some of her posts, and I am sorry to hear about her medical problems and demise.

Thank for your condolences. My mom, though she was deeply flawed, was a brilliant minded woman. She had a huge passion for scuba diving (I spent many days on beaches while her and my dad went on dives) and it definitely showed when we inventoried all her scuba gear. So much! I know Cozumel was her favorite place in the world, basically. I never got to go there.

I would love to learn to dive someday, but it's a pretty expensive hobby for a young mom getting established in her career and life in general. (I'm sad to say that she only got to meet my daughter once, and by the time she was born my mom's mental status was so poor that she often didn't remember my daughter existed)

Thank for your condolences. My mom, though she was deeply flawed, was a brilliant minded woman. She had a huge passion for scuba diving (I spent many days on beaches while her and my dad went on dives) and it definitely showed when we inventoried all her scuba gear. So much! I know Cozumel was her favorite place in the world, basically. I never got to go there.

I would love to learn to dive someday, but it's a pretty expensive hobby for a young mom getting established in her career and life in general. (I'm sad to say that she only got to meet my daughter once, and by the time she was born my mom's mental status was so poor that she often didn't remember my daughter existed)

It sounds as though you have a lot of forgiveness in your heart and realize mental illness strikes just like any other affliction. You now have a new chance at the mother daughter relationship, you are just the mother now. Maybe someday you will dive and feel a connection to her beautiful alive side and be able to move past her selfishness. I wish you the best with that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom