Lost wedding rings in Comal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

damastas

New
Reaction score
Hey there!

I lived in San Antonio last summer and dove all over there, but no longer live there. I still keep in contact with friends I made there (non divers :shocked2:) and one of them called me about a more than fun trip down the Comal. They lost their entire bag of valuables that they brought with them - two wedding rings, multiple pairs of Oakleys, some money, and ID/credit cards. All the items were in a green army style gas mask bag (about the size of a purse, the generic sage green color). The first name on the ID card is Tim.

From what I understand they were lost during/after the second set of rapids. If anyone happens to find them, or if anyone wants to make a special trip to the Comal to search for them, we'd all be more than greatful. I called Duggan's and left my contact info there and hopefully after calling around tomorrow afternoon one of the LDS will have some good news. I can be contacted by PM. Thanks,

Brandon

Last edited by a moderator:
That's some really rotten luck! I hope someone recovers it for them, asap!

We did a run down the river this morning, but didn't find anything good but a key to a Lincoln of some sort. Maybe someone else will run across it.

Exactly when did they lose this bag ? I ask because recently there was severe flooding in that area, and the Comal was severely flooded with heavy swift water. If they lost the bag prior to this recent flood, I'm sure it was swept down stream and possibly gone for good. After the flood, I suppose there is a slight chance someone could run across the bag.

Back
Top Bottom