Loving my DGX Ultraview frameless mask...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love the DGX Frameless as well. My Atomic Aquatics Venom Frameless never even left the the hotel room on my last dive trip.

Oh man, I just had lunch......

I have and really like this mask as well. Does anyone else have trouble with pressure on the eyebrow area or is it my Neanderthal face structure?

Where did you get the velcro snorkel holder from?
Got it on Amazon but it isn't available at the moment.

The grip this has is super strong. More so than any velcro I've ever used. It's so strong it would probably be a chore to remove the snorkel while diving, or at least it would take two hands...

LeisurePro also sells it....in case someone wants to throw one in on an order, although they don't charge shipping on just the mask.
View attachment 425107
Blue Reef B1 Frameless Mask

Regular: $94.95
Sale $27.95
+ wishlist
  • Lightweight, single lens frameless design
  • Low volume, Wide field of vision
  • Wide split strap for comfort
  • Feathered edge skirt for an optimum seal
  • Easy adjust buckle assembly
In Stock Free Shipping
For the difference in price I'll buy from DGX...

I have and really like this mask as well. Does anyone else have trouble with pressure on the eyebrow area or is it my Neanderthal face structure?

Try moving the top half of the strap up higher on the back of your head.

I something of a caveman myself (proud Cro-Magnon!) and don't have that issue.

This mask seats so well on my angular face that I rarely think about it while diving. Gentle pressure from the strap is all that's needed to stay water tight. Anytime I need to take some pressure off I just exhale through my nose enough so some air escapes the mask and it falls right back into place.

For the difference in price I'll buy from DGX...

I like DGX and have bought a great deal of stuff from them. I like Leisure Pro and have bought a great deal of stuff from them. Together they have accounted for at least 75% of my new gear purchases with the balance being split fairly evenly across about 10 other retailers, some local, some not.

DGX and Leisure Pro are both organized, run an effective fulfillment operation, and have good customer service. They generally ship within 24 hours of receiving your order. Their web sites accurately reflect their stock on hand. DGX has a smaller, more highly curated product line chosen with technical diving in mind. They don't carry wetsuits, drysuits, weights, or dive flags, so they can't be a one-stop shop for everything. Leisure Pro has a broader product line, but it is less curated and less informative, so you have to know what you want and what to avoid.

And as for the frameless mask? It's my favorite.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom