Low Blood Pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beyelie

Reaction score
I have would seems to be a rather unusual problem - low blood pressure (it has been as low as 57/29). I currently take Florinef to raise my blood pressure to "normal" ranges. Would this medication cause any problems at depth? Is there a partial pressure issue related to this or any other medication?

beyelie:
I have would seems to be a rather unusual problem - low blood pressure (it has been as low as 57/29). I currently take to raise my blood pressure to "normal" ranges. Would this medication cause any problems at depth? Is there a partial pressure issue related to this or any other medication?

My understanding is that High blood pressure is not a diving issue as long as it is properly managed, I really am not sure about Low blood pressure.

As my uneducated mind sees it there are 2 potential issues.

1. Could a low BP and "divers reflex" be a problem. Though this might be more of a freediving issue.
2. Is there an issue with your medication and diving.

While our Dr. Deco is a fenominal resource, I agree with the previous poster. There is more to this issue than DCI. If you would like me to move it to Diving Medicine I would be happy to. My personall advice would be to contact DAN at 1-800-446-2671 and ask them.

James

I deleted the other copy of this thread that was already posted in the medicine forum as this had more replies already :wink:

As for your problem, who knows if any meds will wear off or have adverse effects - even if you on/offgas N2 as quick or not due to the slower blood flow through your body. What first caught my eye is that my blood pressure is on the lower end of normal, when i get blood tests/donations taken i have to wait ages as my blood barely comes out of those arteries they hit to fill the little vials. I also get the occasional blackout - although that hasnt happened in a good few years now, there are enough problems with low blood pressure, not sure if they would effect diving too much though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom