Low buoyancy exposure suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with the hood suggestions--they also help keep water from going farther into the ears than you'd like (for me anyway). There are suggestions on what suit to wear and how much weight for a 3 mil shorty, etc. I don't pay much attention to this type of advice because everyone's weight requirements are different (bone density, who knows?), as is everyone's tolerance of "cold". In Panama for a week of 2-3 dives a day in 76F water I used my "body" suit (no real thermal protection) for protection from scrapes, jellies, etc. and wasn't the least bit chilly. The renting idea when in Cozumel makes sense. If you're too cold (or warm), next time rent a different exposure suit. Do a (salt if possible) water weight test and see what you need. I've been told by some I am much overweighted. Others have seen me dive and note my good buoyancy, seeing I need all that weight. I have only dropped 4 pounds of lead in 10 years. 4 out of 41 is less than 10%. The 41 was probably too much 10 years ago anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom