LP hose reg adapter 'outer' o-rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caveeagle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently acquired an Omni hose adapter for one of my Poseidon 2nd stages and noticed an "outer" 0ring aground the base of the threads. Like most LP reg hoses, it's the inner dynamic o-ring that's really sealing the Low/intermediate pressure. So why the extra O-ring?

I also took a look at a couple of other LP reg adapters and noticed a groove, but no oring. (0n the new ones)

On the hose end, there is also a sealing surface.

I think that water will still get to the threads from the hose side of that fitting, because the hose seal is inside the "barrel", creating a seal.

FWIW, I see no groove for an outer oring on any of my 2nd stage threaded inputs.

Last edited:
can't see it, photobucket is giving the 3rd party hosting error, can you upload to facebook or direct to here?

says you haven't added any media... your second post in here gives an invalid link saying I don't have permission to view it. you should be able to upload the picture directly to this thread so it shows as a thumbnail

says you haven't added any media... your second post in here gives an invalid link saying I don't have permission to view it. you should be able to upload the picture directly to this thread so it shows as a thumbnail

That's annoying. I can see it on post #2

View media item 203388

@Caveeagle your permissions are wrong for it then. must not be a public album

anyway, that o-ring is IIRC an 012 which is the same as a HP port plug though some of the manuals call for an 013 o-ring so it's a bit conflicting. I use the 012 in mine. It is an anti-vibration ring not a sealing o-ring. Not entirely sure there is much of an actual benefit to it, but it's included in the omni o-ring kits so I use it.

Ok, I fixed my album permissions.

I was thinking the oring might just be there to sort of like a lock washer to help prevent that fitting from backing off. I kind of appreciate that because I try not to over torque those.

hey! now they work. yeah I'd measure to verify, but should be an 012 from your HP plug that will fit. Use em if you want, don't if you don't want to. I get them a hair past finger tight so they don't back off in use. I do notice that if I don't put a wrench on them they will eventually back out a bit during normal use so I make sure to tighten everything as part of my pre-trip checks

Sounds right. Funny, I never noticed the O-ring groove until I saw the outer oring that came on the Omni adapter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom