LP or DiveInn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drizzt117

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay,

This isn't a question about LP vs. LDS. I've already decided to buy online because I would save hundreds of dollars, and since I haven't really established a rapport with any LDS since I just moved to the area, I'm not worried about pissing them off.

I have heard some shady things about LP, so I'm asking for some advice. I want to get an Apeks ATX200 reg. On LP, they charge $390 including shipping and on DiveInn it's around $460 (site's down right now so I can't be exact) + shipping.

Am I guarenteed to get an authentic product from LP or should I spend the extra money and get from DiveInn since they are an authorized dealer of Apeks. Thanks for your help.

Thomas

I've purchased TONS of gear from these guys over the last 4 years.

Never a problem. CHEAP shipping to CA (3 day UPS is just a few bucks more than Ground, and get it hear 4 days sooner!). They carry the brands I like, and when I've needed to return something, there was no problem.

Personally, they've always taken care of me.

Ken

Look for the combo on DiveInn where you can get the ATX200 and an AT40 octo. Also check simplyscuba.com for the ATX200.

I seem to get packages faster from DiveInn than I do LeisurePro. Can't comment on returns/warranty on either so far :)

I just bought two ATX200s from Simply Scuba in the UK (www.simplyscuba.com). I chose economy shipping and they still got to the US in about a week after ordering. I accidently received two yoke fitting regulators instead of the DIN that I ordered, and after notifying them of the problem, two DIN conversion kits arrived in the mail today, free. They were even the satin chrome ones to match the first stage, not the shiny chrome ones. I've purchased about $1700 worth of gear from them so far, and will continue to purchase from them in future.

I've also bought stuff from DiveInn and LeisurePro, DiveInn ship ultra fast if they have it in stock, never had problems - LeisurePro has fantastic prices, and replaced a broken mask box when I purchased a mask from them. But check availability - I've ordered multiple items from LP before listed as being in stock, and then you get an email telling you that one of your items is shipping immediately and the other is on backorder - annoying when you need both items at once - so a pre-order phonecall might be warranted if the item is time-critical.

Ben

LDS' claim that LP is a "bait and switch" operation.

That kind of scare tactic certainly won't sell me much equipment. I've either ordered myself or seen come in several thousand worth of gear from them, and have NEVER seen anything baited, switched, or not show up in brand-new, perfect condition.

I have also ordered from DiveInn and it got here (the US!) in 3 days! DHL rocks. :)

No particular complaints.

I do like DiveInn a bit more (customer service does leave impression like they really care), but for some buys LP is a better deal. Plus every time I ordered from LP via UPS Ground I had the gear delivered next day. :) Well, it's just a 4-hours drive.

I have never bought from DiveInn, but I have bought a lot of gear from LeisurePro. The main reason is that DiveInn doesn't seem to have much of a selection on their web site (major brands like Oceanic and Zeagle are not even represented). But in the case that they both have the same product, LeisurePro and DiveInn have similar prices...until you factor in shipping costs. DiveInn is in Spain so they send everything via DHL, which can be cost prohibitive on heavy or bulky items.

Anyway, I have had no problems with any of the gear I bought from LeisurePro. This includes 2 Oceanic regulator/octo setups, a Scubapro BC, Aeris fins, Cressi mask, Akona dive suitcase, various flashlights, and other miscellaneous nick nacks.

But from what I hear on these boards, people are also very satisfied with DiveInn.

So I think it comes down to product selection and price. I always shop both DiveInn and LeisurePro, but it just happens that the products I have wanted have all been stocked solely by LeisurePro or were cheaper at LeisurePro. That doesn't mean that some future items will be cheaper at DiveInn, and if they are, I have no hesitation in buying from them based on the comments on this board.

Thx...Doug

Well I went ahead and purchased from SimplyScuba. I got an Apeks ATX200 and also bought an ATX50 second stage. This was actually cheaper including shipping then buying the ATX200/ATX40 combo from DiveInn. Thanks for all your help guys.

Thomas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom