LP80's for ANDP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gbray

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just traded my set of twin 72's for LP80's . I have been wanting HP100's but they are just not in the budget right now and I just kind of came on this deal. My hope is to use them for ANDP class in the future. They are PST brand.

Has anyone out there used a set of these for their class and were they sufficient or did you get low on air? Also is a diverite double bladder rec wing or a halcyon evolve 40 better for this set up (I own both)? I dive both wet and dry. i weighed the set and empty they are right at 80 lbs.

thanks for the info.

It's unlikely that a 40 pound lift wing will cut it. I've never used the LP80's but I imagine they are pretty heavy when coupled with a deco bottle or two.

It's unlikely that you will find a shop in MO. (I may be wrong here) that does "cave fills" so you may want to work out your RMV and compare that to the dives your instructor is planning on having you execute.

Speaking of instructors... what did he say about them?

Depending on agency and instructor the lp 80's should be fine. For andp you are going to see 150 for a max of 30 minutes. Unless you are a total hoover 160 cu ' of gas should be fine. YMMV
Eric

Since I just got the set put together I haven't spoke with the instructor yet but will when I see him again.
I dropped them at his shop to get filled.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom