Luna and decompression planning.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matt_yates

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have started to get heavily into decompression diving and I am more than happy with the Luna while doing these dives. Currently I use a variety of planning software. I was wondering if there is a programme which I could use which would plot the same stops as the Luna or would closely match its predictions?

Thanks

Matt

The Luna and SOL seem to produce decompression curves that are more "bend and mend" (shallower initial stops and longer shallow stops) than what you see with Buhlman GF or VPM-B profiles. Your best bet would be a decompression planner that uses gradient factors, then play with the hi and low factors to mimic the Luna.

I like what the Luna offers in terms of a great electronic compass, book marking, the ability to load stick maps, etc, and the profiles were generally fine for nitrox deco diving in the 100-130 ft range, needing only a few more minutes to clear than a computer running Bulman GFs in the 30/85 range or VPM-B at +2 conservatism. However, Uwatec's Trimix upgrade is totally non workable as the profiles are incredibly conservative and won't be remotely compatible with another computer or with other non Luna computers other divers on the team may have.

In short, I still have it, but it's mostly a back up to two Shearwater Predators and if I use it on a trimix dive, it's running in gauge mode.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom