Luna T1 low battery warning......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell Teeters

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yep, another one. Now I just got the unit and it probably sat in storage and the battery drained (thought they had a 10yr life). I'm going to change the battery and see.

Serials for the NEW unit.

We shall see. I hope I didn't waste the extra $$ buying the sending unit. I debated it, but thought it would save me money than if I wanted to "add" to the comp. Yes I know you are at DEMA, just putting this up so I don't forget.

Oh and would it have REALLY have broke you guys to include a dongle ($7) with this thing?

Mitch

---------- Post Merged on November 14th, 2012 at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous Post was on November 13th, 2012 at 03:14 PM ----------

So I pull the T1 off the first stage. I was told by a buddy that it would use cr2450, grabbed some from Wally World, come home, open the unit up, nope it is a cr 2/3 AA battery. WTF? Just not going to be easy is it. Jeez, needs a new battery out of the gate, now a rare one to boot. Dang.

---------- Post Merged on November 14th, 2012 at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous Post was on November 13th, 2012 at 03:14 PM ----------

Is the cr 2/3 AA battery the same as a cr 2 3v?

---------- Post Merged on November 14th, 2012 at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous Post was on November 13th, 2012 at 03:14 PM ----------

Nope, bought two at Wally world, too short. C'mon Scubapro, why are you making this so hard???????????

Looking for a comment on why the battery was changed. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Given the newness of your Luna and transmitter, please return both wrist and transmitter units to your LDS to be sent to Scubapro for evaluation.

Jeez are you serious? Already?

---------- Post added November 26th, 2012 at 10:43 PM ----------

ETA, wife isn't going to be happy considering how expensive this was. Not good.

Last edited:
Hi TNRonin:

Was curious as to what was done with your Luna Transmitter and Wrist Unit. Mine gave me that T1 low battery warning last week. I ordered a replacement battery and will install it as soon as it arrives. Manual says 200-300 dives or so before the battery exhausts itself. I only have about sixty dives on mine (purchased last January). I don't really care if I have to send in the transmitter as I have a backup SPG and have begun to monitor my air by depth and time. Would hate to send in the wrist unit, as the next two months will have me in the water virtually every weekend.

O.

I had the same problem (T1 Low Battery warning) with my Luna on and off during 2012. Scubapro came through, though, and ultimately replaced the transmitter. I gather that they were having problems with a run of transmitters but that this has now been sorted out. All to say that you are likely to get T1 Low Battery warning even after replacing the battery.

ScubaPro, stop asking for the wrist units, you know its the transmitters. I bought 1 wrist unit and 2 transmitters. Only 1 transmitter giving me troubles. 3 months to have the same transmitter with the same battery returned to me. Yup, I marked the battery before sending it back, and got the same battery back. 4 dives and getting low battery again. Put on my spare transmitter and continued vaction low battery alarm free. Now that transmitter has been gone 3 monthes and no word yet. Hoping I get a replacement unit this time.

ScubaPro, stop asking for the wrist units, you know its the transmitters. I bought 1 wrist unit and 2 transmitters. Only 1 transmitter giving me troubles. 3 months to have the same transmitter with the same battery returned to me. Yup, I marked the battery before sending it back, and got the same battery back. 4 dives and getting low battery again. Put on my spare transmitter and continued vaction low battery alarm free. Now that transmitter has been gone 3 monthes and no word yet. Hoping I get a replacement unit this time.

Justahoot - Did you sent your transmitter back through your LDS? No reason for a 3 month hold up. FYI, Sharkbite in Mallorytown, ON (co-located with Dive-Tech) is a distributor for ScubaPro (Shark Bite Distribution - Canadian Scubapro/Uwatec & Chammyz Distributor). They are good folks and should be able to sort something out for you.

I replaced the battery. Man, it's a tough sucker to find. My local Fry's Electronics did not have it, although they usually have all sorts of batteries. After one dive lasting just short of an hour, the warning did not appear. I'm going to test out the battery and see if it really has failed. Would a multimeter from Snap-On or Mac Tools work on a Lithium Ion battery? The battery that I removed from the transmitter is made by Varta. If the problem persists, I will have my LDS take care of it. At least, it's better to have a problem with the transmitter than with the wrist unit. I can still dive my back-up SPG.

@Hatul:

TNRonin also noted his transmitter uses a CR 2/3AA battery. When I purchased my Luna, the LDS did inform me that Scubparo had made a design change to the transmitter. Unfortunately, Scubapro has not updated the owner's manual, which does state it erroneously uses the CR2450 batteries (should make errata and state transmitter with xxxx production date have CR 2/3AA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom