Mares Icon HD vs Icon HD net ready

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ghesso

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Mares Icon HD and Icon HD NET READY are the same computer or icon HD is a old version and has a different hardware? because in mars support i find this knowledgebase:

ICON HD Net Ready versus ICON HD - Battery consumption - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

ICON HD Net Ready versus ICON HD - Battery consumption
Posted by Gianluca Tedone on 20 June 2012 06:14 PM
Icon HD and Icon HD Net Ready uses different hardware, as such their battery consumption
is different – the latter is higher due to the increased complexity of the electronic board.

After a deep discharge (i.e. Net Ready does not switch on when you press a button),
you should let the unit recharge for 7 hours or so, regardless of the screen indications.
With a good recharge, the reported battery charge will be more reliable.

This is normal and happens for almost any battery operated device, like mobile phones.

If the device is operating correctly, you could expect an average discharge rate of 4% per day, roughly.

Mares Icon HD and Mares Icon HD Net Ready have different hardware. The Net Ready variant is air integrated, the normal HD is not, so the Net Ready computer has sender/receiver for wireless signals integrated to communicate with the transponder. Also there is a newer Version of the Mares Icon HD called "Black". The black versions seems to be a normal Net Ready (not 100% sure here, since I am new to this kind of stuff myself), b ut has a larger battery integrated to compensate for the higher power consumption of the Air integration system.

Hope that ansers youre question ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom