Luna T1 low battery warning......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I replaced the battery. Man, it's a tough sucker to find. My local Fry's Electronics did not have it, although they usually have all sorts of batteries. After one dive lasting just short of an hour, the warning did not appear. I'm going to test out the battery and see if it really has failed. Would a multimeter from Snap-On or Mac Tools work on a Lithium Ion battery? The battery that I removed from the transmitter is made by Varta. If the problem persists, I will have my LDS take care of it. At least, it's better to have a problem with the transmitter than with the wrist unit. I can still dive my back-up SPG.

@Hatul:

TNRonin also noted his transmitter uses a CR 2/3AA battery. When I purchased my Luna, the LDS did inform me that Scubparo had made a design change to the transmitter. Unfortunately, Scubapro has not updated the owner's manual, which does state it erroneously uses the CR2450 batteries (should make errata and state transmitter with xxxx production date have CR 2/3AA.
I see. It looks like the CR 2/3 AA battery has twice the capacity of the CR2450. On the other hand the latter is much easier to find.

I've got a similar problem with some more complications. My Luna was having battery trouble in the water, but would show 100% after it was dry for a few hours. Each successive dive it would get a little lower (battery reading) once I got down to about 10 feet or more. I had not had the T1 low battery error.

Because of the problem with my computer, I had the LDS overnight it to scubapro hoping to get t back within two weeks so I could dive it this weekend. That didn't happen, but a friend lent me their Luna and I paired it to my transmitter.

I did five dives with it this weekend. On dive #3 the luna started reporting the T1 low battery warning, and lost transmitter signal for about a minute. I did two more dives where it continued to sometimes report T1 low battery - but it never lost signal again. I guess I'm going to be sending the transmitter back to scubapro as well. With battery problems in both parts, and the extreme price of the unit I'm hoping they'll opt to just replace the whole thing. We'll see.

My computer and transmitter were both purchased recently (3/8/13).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom