Lynx release date?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guess What?!?!? Got my email about ordering my Lynx last night! Said that the location feature might not be on the ones that ship April 29th and can only buy 1 transmitter to go with 1 wrist unit for now. Only 100 available for shipment on April 29th. I'm very excited but think I might wait a few months for them to get all the bugs out

I got the same email. I feel like I should thank them for the delays as it saved me $1400 +whatever more for the rechargeable batteries/charger, etc. I had stars in my eyes that I had to have that for my first dive computer. With the delays and some dives coming up I needed to get something. Got a Zoop thinking worst case I pass it to my boyfriend or use it as a backup. I think I'm going to use the Zoop for now and put the money towards a drysuit instead.

I did notice there was verbage that stated you acknowledge by buying the first release of the lynx that you agree to dive with a backup computer. I know a lot of the advanced experienced divers do that anyway, but is that common or just for newly released to the masses products?

I think it was just as a back up in case there is some kind of issue withe the air calculations since its horseless. I bought a Tusa this past week myself and think I am hoping to wait and just dive this for now then use the tusa for my back up later when the lynx has been proven a little more

Wait, the location feature might not work yet?

All I know is that the email said the order shipped on April 29th might not have the locate feature or have a beta version. Also just to clarify the quote you posted to this tread didn't come from here

I think it was just as a back up in case there is some kind of issue withe the air calculations since its horseless. I bought a Tusa this past week myself and think I am hoping to wait and just dive this for now then use the tusa for my back up later when the lynx has been proven a little more

yes you need those horses for air calculations:wink:

its all starting to sound like the boy who cried wolf, its going to be released next season, no wait next season, no wait next season, no wait next month, no wait next week, no wait next week.....at this stage I'm glad I passed. Am very interested how it eventually unfolds, does look nice though, we'll the idea anyway.

Lol maybe the use of the horse instead of a hose is why my regulator set seems so heavy. Anytime there is a new product that truly could revolutionize what is expected from a product and that product is responsible for the life of the people using it there is bound to be delays and the people creating it are only being responsible if they are being overly careful. I still believe that the Lynx will be the standard in the future but for me anyway I am going to wait on full production to make sure its safe. By being a fairly new diver only about 50 dives so far and since I am currently adding several specialties and certifications over the next year or so I think being a beta tester for this product would add risk that I don't need to take at this point in my dive career. My main reason for wanting the lynx was the peace of mind of having a back up for just looking over my shoulder and more easily knowing the location of my sons and wife are when diving together

Liquivision Lynx shipments have begun today! Lynxes shipping now include:
- Lynx air integrated computer
- T1 ultrasonic tank transmitter
- FREE PC Interface with USB cable
- 4 disposable ER17335M batteries

The Liquivision LYNX-AI allows you to wirelessly monitor your own air supply, as well as your Buddy's air and the air of up to 9 other divers in your Group, as long as they are all equipped with T1 transmitters and they are within the Lynx ultrasonic transmitter range. The maximum Lynx range is up to 100m/330ft in clear water with an unobstructed line of sight between the Lynx computer and the T1 transmitter. However the Lynx range is not an excuse to leave your buddy or your dive group! You should continue to use good diving practice and stay within 6m/20ft of your buddy. Within this range, beta testers have been very excited about their new-found ability to monitor everyone’s air at a glance.

With a free software unlock, the LYNX-AI also allows you to get directional information about your Buddy's location or the location of up to 9 other divers in your group, as long as they are all using T1 transmitters and are within range. The location feature is still in BETA release. A video of its functionality will be released shortly. For more information and updates, please refer to our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Liquivision-Products/160476647325927
To read or post early Lynx reviews, please see this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...analyzers/453305-liquivision-lynx-review.html

Margaret Malewski
CEO, Liquivision Products, Inc

Double Post: Just saw this post and thought I'd add my thoughts and keep the conversation going.

I recently purchased 2 Lynx kits (one for myself and partner). We've had a chance to dive the Lynx for about 9 dives so far and have created a quick list of pros & cons.

PROS

1. Compact.
2. Air Integrated OLED making it easy to read in low light conditions and nothing has to dangle off of you.
3. Unit allows to view buddy's air and buddy location. -- > See additional note below.
4. Software improvements / upgrades via download. (Eric F. (Liquivision) mentioned this above regarding side mount update. What else will be released with this next update and when?)
5. Graphical interface has nice visual queues. i.e. color tank indicator, ascent / descent rate arrow, N2 buildup etc.
6. Boat Locator - which is TBD.
7. Tap menu navigation
8. Safety Stop time remaining in minutes / seconds.
Note: Buddy locator is a cool feature, but not super useful for the average diver. According to PADI, if you can't find your buddy after a minute each diver is supposed to surface anyway.
Another item of note is that you cannot currently change font color with the Lynx. Option has been disabled per Liquivision due to signal reliability / interference with high color customization.

CONS

1. Some of the smaller text can be hard to read for some.
2. Locator feature only gets you in the vicinity at around 20 ft. or so. Doesn't give you depth. If visibility is bad finding the locator could still be an issue.
3. Overall readability isn't that great during the day both on the surface or in relatively shallow waters. The screen gets very washed out. The solution is to cover it with your hand, but this poses an issue underwater by potentially
interfering with the locator signal.

4. Location transmitter doesn't come out for at least another month to two according to Liquivision and it's an additional $500 bucks when it does.
5. When waking up the unit on the surface sometimes it won't turn on right away. You have to leave it alone for a few minutes and then try it again. Same issue happened and or is happening with the Kaon. Not sure why this hasn't
been fixed yet?
6. Overall per unit cost with air integration = $1400. $1900. if you also get the additional and eventual release of the location transmitter.
(Location transmitter cost could be split between two users which would still make the cost $1650. per unit.)

I'm interested in reading more about what other divers reviews are. Hopefully this is useful.

Back
Top Bottom