Lynx Shipping Status??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sevenrider860

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Any update on shipping and availability? I have heard that there is compass functionality on the Lynx, is that correct?

Any update on shipping and availability? I have heard that there is compass functionality on the Lynx, is that correct?

Right now it is looking like mid to late February. There is a tilt-compensated digital compass on the Lynx. This was put there originally to calculate the direction to your buddy (or lost student) along with the ultrasonic triangulation, but the compass can also be used in standalone mode like a 'normal' digital compass.

Eric Fattah

Eric, Thank you for the update. How will the availability be communicated and in what priority will orders be filled? Will those of that asked to be notified on availability have any "preferred" ordering options?

Eric, Thank you for the update. How will the availability be communicated and in what priority will orders be filled? Will those of that asked to be notified on availability have any "preferred" ordering options?

Once payment is opened up, those who pay first get their units first. There are so many pre-orders that it will take some time to fill them all.

All pre-order customers will be notified when payment opens up, probably in late January.

Eric Fattah

I see on the Liquivision website that the Lynx will now be available in Spring 2013. Have the mid - late Feb dates been pushed out again?

Thanks,

Doug

I see on the Liquivision website that the Lynx will now be available in Spring 2013. Have the mid - late Feb dates been pushed out again?

Thanks,

Doug
Release dates of the Lynx pushed out 5 times... any problem with the computer?
I am also waiting for the release of this computer for a long time. I have been taking notes of each pushed date since last year. In June 2012 they had "Fall 2012" as the release date then "End of 2012" then they moved to "Early 2013" then "Late Feb 2013" and now pushed out again to "Spring 2013". I am obviously hoping that all the wait is for good, more testing and better features but I am just worry if they have a problem with the computer or transmitter technology that they are trying to figuring out how to fix with no luck?. Meanwhile I am still waiting with my money and the temptation to buy the Mares HD Icon instead of the Lynx because I am diving with a basic computer while I buy my new expensive color baby... I can't wait forever. Please Liquivision bring some news!

Release dates of the Lynx pushed out 5 times... any problem with the computer?
I am also waiting for the release of this computer for a long time. I have been taking notes of each pushed date since last year. In June 2012 they had "Fall 2012" as the release date then "End of 2012" then they moved to "Early 2013" then "Late Feb 2013" and now pushed out again to "Spring 2013". I am obviously hoping that all the wait is for good, more testing and better features but I am just worry if they have a problem with the computer or transmitter technology that they are trying to figuring out how to fix with no luck?. Meanwhile I am still waiting with my money and the temptation to buy the Mares HD Icon instead of the Lynx because I am diving with a basic computer while I buy my new expensive color baby... I can't wait forever. Please Liquivision bring some news!

There is no 'problem' with the Lynx, it works amazingly well; check out our facebook page for testimonials from some of the beta-testers (most of whom were dumbfounded with amazement after using it). Since it is so revolutionary, we are simply being patient and doing a lot of testing prior to the launch. Testing will continue through March and the current plan is to release the product March 22 at the same time as the Beneath-The-Sea dive show. We actually have inventory of the product; we are simply 'sitting' on the inventory until testing is complete.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

There is no 'problem' with the Lynx, it works amazingly well; check out our facebook page for testimonials from some of the beta-testers (most of whom were dumbfounded with amazement after using it). Since it is so revolutionary, we are simply being patient and doing a lot of testing prior to the launch. Testing will continue through March and the current plan is to release the product March 22 at the same time as the Beneath-The-Sea dive show. We actually have inventory of the product; we are simply 'sitting' on the inventory until testing is complete.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Thanks Eric. That's great news. I know I'll be inline to get one ASAP.

Thanks again.

Doug

Last edited:

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products
Awesome Eric! I have been waiting for so long that I can definitively wait until March. Do you plan to also release the Location Transmitter at the same time? Thanks.

Hey Eric,
How do we get on this list? Where do I go to pre-pay?

Once payment is opened up, those who pay first get their units first. There are so many pre-orders that it will take some time to fill them all.

All pre-order customers will be notified when payment opens up, probably in late January.

Eric Fattah

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom