Lynx Shipping Status??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have always wondered how to do "Air Integration" for a single diver with multiple separate tanks.

I have only seen one that I know does that, the Uemis can do 3 tanks and has a setup menu for all three but I dont know yet about the LYNX TEC ability. Multiple tank and switching ability was not something I was looking for.

If you are diving side mount (right now), you can set up the Lynx either in tec mode, with both transmitters, or in rec mode, with the 'buddy' configured as your 2nd tank.
We will be releasing a Lynx software upgrade that has a special sidemount mode, where you get two tank icons, one for each tank.
Right now if you set it up in buddy mode with one tank as 'your' tank and the other tank/transmitter as 'buddy', then you will only see air time remaining for 'your' tank, and just the pressure of the other tank. But in sidemount mode it will be more advanced.

Eric

If you are diving side mount (right now), you can set up the Lynx either in tec mode, with both transmitters, or in rec mode, with the 'buddy' configured as your 2nd tank.
We will be releasing a Lynx software upgrade that has a special sidemount mode, where you get two tank icons, one for each tank.
Right now if you set it up in buddy mode with one tank as 'your' tank and the other tank/transmitter as 'buddy', then you will only see air time remaining for 'your' tank, and just the pressure of the other tank. But in sidemount mode it will be more advanced.

Eric

This sounds great and probably unique. Now, the question is will the newer version of the software will be able to handle more than two Tanks as in additional tanks for stage deco?

This sounds great and probably unique. Now, the question is will the newer version of the software will be able to handle more than two Tanks as in additional tanks for stage deco?

The Lynx technology opens up many new possibilities. Even prior to launch we had to try to guess at what type of operation people would find useful. Our hope is that as people use the Lynx, they will give us detailed feedback on new modes they would like and how these modes would operate. The hardware is there and adding new modes isn't that difficult, and these can then be easily installed as software upgrades. The software is very easy to modify and there is plenty of space in the flash and RAM for more modes.

If you have a particular feature or mode you would like, your best bet would be to write a detailed 'design' document describing how the mode operates, and what would be displayed on the various screens. For example in tec mode, you currently only see the icon and pressure of the gas you are currently breathing. If you would like to see the pressure of the other two tanks, then you should really be specific regarding where on the screen you would like those to be displayed, and should these alternate with other information or supersede other parts of the display? Details are important.

Eric Fattah

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom