m2 or nemo wide compter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sudsy

Registered
Reaction score
Hello

I have a chance to buy the nemo wide at i think a good price $450 or should i go with a m2 computer can't remember price.

The dive shop here says the m2 has had lots of problems and can't really buy it no more is this true?

I am a new diver and would like to buy once.

Again any help would be great.

Thanks
Sudsy

Sudsy

The M2 has not had any problems, it was introduced last year to replace the M1. It has a great price. If money is not an issue, the Nemo Wide has a bigger screen which is much easier to read. It is very easy to use. For a full list of functions, take a look at it on www.mares.com.

Phil

There are a number of the M2 computers in the rental department of my LDS, and they have had no problems at all. It is an easy to use air/nitrox computer.

That said...the Nemo Wide is one sweeeeeeeet computer. I couldn't get over how easy it was to see during my last trip to Roatan. The new screen is large, and you can read it from almost any angle (you don't have to be looking directly down at the screen like most other computers).

As Phil said, check out the website. Check out gear reviews with the scuba magazines - one recently had a very positive opinion of the Nemo Wide.

Just my two cents as a very happy Nemo Wide owner. Cheers!

Sudsy, I am very satisfied with My M2. It has all the functions I will ever need... It was not too expensive... And does the job well! And to boot, Phil and Zak here give great customer service. The people at Mares are definetly looking to make their customers happy. And that counts for a lot...

Luego!

yeah, have to agree that my M2 is a great budget computer. It does everything I need it to do, and more. I've heard of no problems, and I've used it on 20 or so dives without any issues. My only complaint is the thing is huge, a nice big brick on my wrist.

Back
Top Bottom