Maiden Voyage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sintax604

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, I got my DSS rig all set up without too much difficulty (well, the harness took me 2 tries - who knew bent d-rings were supposed to stick OUT!?) and I took her for a test drive yesterday.

Sooooooooo sweet. This was my first experience with a BP/W and it was fanfrickintastic. Zero learning curve (which surprised the crap out of me) and oh so sleek.

Cudos to DSS for a great product. Even my buddy (who is practically a posterboy for Halcyon) was impressed with the quality and the innovative elastomer harness guards.

My one suggestion/request is to include dummyproof instructions for assembling the cam bands and their friction pads... it took me a good 30min of head scratching before I got them figured out.

Thanks!

Congrats! I chose DSS as they had different size plates. I don't feel the "one size fits all" deal is true.. at least in back plates. I have the long pattern and love it. Went with the hog harness too. Ohh, my d-rings are still on wrong after two years. :)

I agree with the cam straps. Maybe a video (in slo-mo) to show newbies how to do it. :)

Congrats, you will really enjoy your BP/W from DSS,

Michael

Well, I got my DSS rig all set up without too much difficulty (well, the harness took me 2 tries - who knew bent d-rings were supposed to stick OUT!?) and I took her for a test drive yesterday.
Sooooooooo sweet. This was my first experience with a BP/W and it was fanfrickintastic. Zero learning curve (which surprised the crap out of me) and oh so sleek.

Cudos to DSS for a great product. Even my buddy (who is practically a posterboy for Halcyon) was impressed with the quality and the innovative elastomer harness guards.

My one suggestion/request is to include dummyproof instructions for assembling the cam bands and their friction pads... it took me a good 30min of head scratching before I got them figured out.

Thanks!

DOOOHHHH I did not know that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom