Major League Vortex Meet/Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FSUgly,

I think the group meal thing is planned for Saturday, you can bring your dish for then. If you want to eat on Friday night you can beg the other campers, go to Subway by I-10, or have a great meal at Sally's.

You're right, Yoda . . .

Based upon the wishes of others, of course, I'd really like to chow down sometime between an afternoon dive and the night dive.

Once again, the meal time will be determined by the preferences of the attendees.

the K

Hey, Everybody !!!

Bring your favorite portable musical instrument and we can have a jam session.

I don't think amplifiers are allowed . . .

Man, I haven't played my bassoon in ages !!!

the K

Sorry looks like i have been sold out. Last week i found out that there is a meeting going on this friday (the day i had booked off) that i am really being told to attend which cuts into the weekend i was going to have away up there. Following that i had someone suggest they would like to see my kayak this weekend (been trying to sell for a while now) and so due to the prior dent in the plan i just gave up and went with spending the time down here. I will be up that way some time to dive and hope still to meet many of you at future events - needless to say i am a little bummed about the meeting schedule and just went with it from there, hope you have a great time, although i dont envy you sleeping in tents in the FL summer.

Beats the heck out of sleeping in tents in Viet Nam.

You will be missed . . . .

the K

Well, looks like the food is Saturday and the night dive also. I have two places to be and was thinking of cloning, but I would only remember half of what me and myself were doing, so in light of that..... I was coming down and going to Vortex Thursday and Friday and may hit Morrison if it is ok. Then Saturday I was going to drive to Ginnie Springs to meet freinds who are diving there Saturday and then go to Blue Grotto with them on Sunday and return Sunday to The ATL.

Problem is, I would very much like to take part in breaking of the bread and fellowship and most certainly a night dive. The night dive is Saturday I presume from what I read....What to do? Also I will be staying in a hotel/motel nearby so if someone needs a bed for Thurs or Friday night, let me know. I would be willing to share for a small donation!! Females exempt from donation!!

I am coming as an instant diver, just add water and I am done!!

Flexible and ready to go. Anyone want to go to Merritts Mill Pond and rent a pontoon from Cave Venterours, let me know, I am willing to split in for that too!!

Thanks....Hoss :eyebrow:

The night dive we are talking about will be Friday. We'll probably dive Sat night too though.

Morrison will be swampish, but I'm probably gonna try diving it Sunday morning(should be in the 7.5' range).

It looks like I'll be getting to Vortex about 2 PM local time. I'll be checking in at the shop and then search your sites for signs of SBers. Have a safe trip all!

I want to THANK ALL OF YOU who made that extra little effort to meet up at Vortex.

We didn't take over the place, but the mighty oak from a tiny acorn grows.

I'd love to make this an annual thing, possibly held in the early to mid fall when the weather is more acommodating!

It was a wonderful dinner . . .

Thank you all . . . . so very, very much.

the K

Thanks for putting things together for us all to meet - it was good to see old friends and meet some new ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom