Mala Pier - Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scottyd have you narrowed down your search? I'm in the process of looking into the same thing....will probably do a few boat dives over the weekend but would like to sneak in a single shore dive to check out mala pier. From what I'm seeing a guide will charge anywhere between 80 and 100 for a single dive which seems a little high.

I'll be out there next month and have 2 inexperienced divers with me. I was hoping I could hire a DM to babysit them while I spend my time with my camera rig, but all of the places I checked wanted anywhere from $109 - $169 PER DIVER (all three of us) for a shore dive DM. Uhm, no thanks, I can do a two tank boat dive for that LOL. Guess I'll be doing a little babysitting at the pier. At least it looks like a simple shore dive aside from the entry/exit.

Thanks for the confirmation...definitely hurts the cause with the single shore dives with DM being so expensive. It also doesn't help that adding a second dive basically just doubles the price so no real benefit there...although this could have potential: Mala Plus Shore Dive - Maui Diving - Maui's Best Scuba and Snorkel Shop
Two guided shore dives for $129.

I also have emails out to Extended Horizons and Lahaina Divers to see what they charge if I add a single guided shore dive to a two-tank boat dive charter. I really don't want to pay twice for equipment rentals on top of these already high prices if I decide not to bring all of my gear.

Back
Top Bottom