Malaysia! Everyone there post here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aaronkok:
ED,

That's what i heard, But since not many people are willing to go tenggol, it should remain untouched for some time. :wink: Tho heard the prices are not cheap.

I will be back!! Its only a temp move :) I still have lots of places in Malaysia where i have yet to dive in.

Hey Aaron!

I hope it'll stay that way for years to come, because I've seen to many reefs being destroyed. Tenggol has always been my favorite dive destination on the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia.

Well! Make sure you come back soon cos time & the reef, waits for no one! :wink: That's why, I'm trying to dive in as many destinations, I can before they're destroyed!

Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing!

Ed. :scubadive:

Since someone mentioned here Tenggol has the best dive sites .. what do you guys think about Redang with it's large concentration of soft corals at Terumbu Kili and Anemone Garden..When I was diving in Redang , the experience of navigating through a narrow gap between rocks full of this (dunno the name) corals was simply amazing. Probably I'm going to Tenggol on LoB for my next dive.

Mleong- Thanks for the link. I'll check it out shortly. My Malaysian dive friend Jenny is heading to Hong Kong and I'll tell her about the site when she gets back.

Dr. Bill

hi everybody

I'm a student from MMU. Been diving for 2 year. Still a lot to learn. I love to discuss about scuba equipent.

Happy diving to all.

lanun:
lemme ask someone who's in Tioman (he was on the island a week ago, at least).

got an email from a friend working in Tioman (he putted over for a look see) - the Tekek Marina has not restarted since the big protest, concerns logged by locals, NGO's and the many divers a half a year back. so, that's the best i can do for an update without being there myself.

aaronkok:
ED,

That's what i heard, But since not many people are willing to go tenggol, it should remain untouched for some time. :wink: Tho heard the prices are not cheap.

I will be back!! Its only a temp move :) I still have lots of places in Malaysia where i have yet to dive in.

Diving in Tenggol is not much more expensive then diving in Redang or Tioman. Amongst the reason it is not as popular is that the underwater current may range from mild to strong for the majority of the dive sites in Tenggol. Therefore, it is not advisable for newly certified divers or those having less than 25 logged dives to dive here. Tanjung Api is a fine example. Divemasters would insists that divers having less than 25 logged dives should not follow the group when they dive Tanjung Api. The other reason for this place not being too popular is the limited choice of resorts. The biggest being Aqua Resort, has a reputation for providing bad service (even the Singaporean divers know of this problem). The other 2 resort operate single bedroom chalet (fan only with common shower facility). LOB would be the best way to dive Tenggol provided you are not a newly certified diver. Marine life are plentify just 10 feet away from the shore. Hard corals are so dense near the shore that the bottom of the chaser boat would sometimes accidentally scrap the corals when ferrying divers to the main dive boat. Water clearity is great.

Hi Fellow Divers & Future Divers!

Once again, the East Coast (Peninsular Malaysia) diving season will be opening soon! It's another whole new year of diving.

For those of you, who haven't been to Tenggol and planned to go, this is the year! We have some scheduled trips for Tenggol. Check out our website for those schedules.

www.oceanxplorer.com.my

Ocean Xplorer

Tim Wong:
Diving in Tenggol is not much more expensive then diving in Redang or Tioman. Amongst the reason it is not as popular is that the underwater current may range from mild to strong for the majority of the dive sites in Tenggol. Therefore, it is not advisable for newly certified divers or those having less than 25 logged dives to dive here. Tanjung Api is a fine example. Divemasters would insists that divers having less than 25 logged dives should not follow the group when they dive Tanjung Api. The other reason for this place not being too popular is the limited choice of resorts. The biggest being Aqua Resort, has a reputation for providing bad service (even the Singaporean divers know of this problem). The other 2 resort operate single bedroom chalet (fan only with common shower facility). LOB would be the best way to dive Tenggol provided you are not a newly certified diver. Marine life are plentify just 10 feet away from the shore. Hard corals are so dense near the shore that the bottom of the chaser boat would sometimes accidentally scrap the corals when ferrying divers to the main dive boat. Water clearity is great.

Hi Scubaboarders & Fellow Divers!

Tenggol is a fantastic island and don't let the strong current issue scared you away. I have been to Tenggol so many times during the past 3 years and still loving it. My advise is, listen & follow the rules & regulation during dive briefings and make sure you follow the dive master. You'll be alright!

Tenggol may have a reputation of having strong current, but there are some dive sites, which doesn't. Dive sites like Tanjung Gemuk, Gua Rajawali, Teluk Rajawali, Turtle Point & etc, the dives are normally quite relaxing so not all dive sites have strong currents.

Divers should know their own ability & experience, if the dive master feels that certain dive sites are not suitable, don't insist! It's for your own good! Tanjung Api definitely has strong current, it's more of a drift dive than against. Like what I mentioned earlier, listen & follow the dive master and you'll enjoy the trip.

Tenggol is definitely the best diving of the east coast in Peninsular Malaysia! :wink:

Ed.

Back
Top Bottom