Maldives Late July and Alifu Dhaalu Atoll

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pulmcc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I know that July is the wet season but unfortunately, if we want to go to Maldives, it's either July or December. I had booked a resort located in the Rat Atoll but the feedback was that it's ok for a couple of days but not more. I found an another resort on Mandhoo which is in the ALIFU DHAALU ATOLL, formerly known as the SOUTH ARI ATOLL. My two questions are:

1. Should we still go in late July to Maldives?
2. Could we spend 5 days in the ALIFU DHAALU ATOLL?

I would do a liveaboard at any time of year. We went to South Ari Atoll, had brilliant diving both trips. But it was way nicer in December than in May, admittedly the wettest month. I could happily spend 7 to 10 days in SouthAri Atol. We spent two separate weeks there and have visited on all the 6 or 7 LOBs we have done. The diving is fantastic, probably the best apart from Fuvamulah and Addu, which I would really really recommend.

I would do a liveaboard at any time of year. We went to South Ari Atoll, had brilliant diving both trips. But it was way nicer in December than in May, admittedly the wettest month. I could happily spend 7 to 10 days in SouthAri Atol. We spent two separate weeks there and have visited on all the 6 or 7 LOBs we have done. The diving is fantastic, probably the best apart from Fuvamulah and Addu, which I would really really recommend.
Unfortunately, since my wife doesn’t dive, a liveaboard is not the best option. We will be able to dive for only 5 days so I am glad to hear that it is easy to spend 7-10 days in that area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom