Man attacked by shark off Maui beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just watched the local news. He'll be at his buddy's wedding tomorrow but he'll be on crutches.

Midnight Star:
Trigger or Tigger?

-----

Mike.
Whinnie the pooh....Betwent typs and a total lack of ability to spel........:shakehead

one of the news stories reported a helicopter sighting of a couple 12-foot Tigers in the area around that time.

Who knows, though.

an instructor friend from scuba shack told me they were doing a dive at 5 graves about a week ago and the first diver stride in was face to face with a tiger. said about 10 feet. i believe a mds boat reported seeing a 10 - 12 foot tiger at maalaea. i think that as the baby whale are born we will be hearing more of this. migrate like whales? i am no marine biologist. not even close! just wondering

No turtles= many sharks. This may have been the rare Jaguar shark:eyebrow:

I've heard of tigers being sighted near Makena -- closer to Marty's Reef, though.

Somehow, I wonder if the problem isn't that it's coming on whale season, but that the sharks are anxious for whale season and are "chomping at the bit" so to speak.

KrisB:
I've heard of tigers being sighted near Makena -- closer to Marty's Reef, though.

Somehow, I wonder if the problem isn't that it's coming on whale season, but that the sharks are anxious for whale season and are "chomping at the bit" so to speak.
I think they swim around some.....:D BTW, sharks in the water are not a problem people in the water are the "problem"

makomike:
an instructor friend from scuba shack told me they were doing a dive at 5 graves about a week ago and the first diver stride in was face to face with a tiger. said about 10 feet. i believe a mds boat reported seeing a 10 - 12 foot tiger at maalaea. i think that as the baby whale are born we will be hearing more of this. migrate like whales? i am no marine biologist. not even close! just wondering

they come in to feed on the afterbirth, I heard.

If you are not surfing or spearing....no worries. (Unless you are staring at one, of course)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom