Mexican woman killed in shark attack swimming with daughter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Inspired by @DandyDon
Well, any member is welcome to post Accident & Incident threads, but this poor woman was swimming, not a diver.

We need a seperate section for shark attacks. Mybe another section for water related incidents and accidents. Most scuba divers also participate in other water related activities when they are not diving.
I'd rather keep this subforum for diving issues. Where does the non-diving stuff end? For example, most of us drive. Do we need a section for car accidents? Many of us fly to dive sites, how about flying accidents?

If the powers that be feel a need to extend A&I beyond diving, I hope they do it in an opt-in forum.

I'd rather keep this subforum for diving issues. Where does the non-diving stuff end? For example, most of us drive. Do we need a section for car accidents? Many of us fly to dive sites, how about flying accidents?

If the powers that be feel a need to extend A&I beyond diving, I hope they do it in an opt-in forum.
I only suggested it because there seems to be an interest in these stories and there is always someone complaining when something is posted that's not strictly a scuba diving accident. You didn't have to read the non-diving accident story but you did anyway because it's interesting and is a common risk factor for scuba divers. Car accidents are not a common risk factor for people diving in a body of water unless you happen to be diving under a bridge when a car above you flies off and lands on you. LOL.

I read it only because I thought it was a diving accident. I am not interested in random shark attacks.
The title clearly says "Mexican woman killed in shark attack swimming with daughter".

I don't parse titles that closely. They are often inaccurate or incomplete. I do check the forum.

Back
Top Bottom