Man this place is quiet.....anyone been out diving lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Folly had decent viz last weekend, water was about 50, a tad lower at the point. Found the torpedo ray we were looking for (but not THE torpedo ray, just a regular size one). Outside the cove there were whitecaps, but conditions inside were perfect.

Water 48F in Cape Ann. I was getting 49-51F throughout Boston Harbor Islands.

last Saturday we had 25ft visibility. Sunday was like diving in chocolate milk.

Did a braille dive at Nubble Light on Saturday morning. Visibility topped out at around 5' (briefly) but was mostly in the 0-3 foot range. At some points, couldn't read our gauges. Temp was a consistent 48 degrees down to 46' max depth. We managed to make a 29 minute dive of it before we gave up.

I've planned a dive for tomorrow, Sunday in search of the shy and elusive RI Quahog at Potter's Cove Jamestown. A report will follow. The vis will be one foot or less after I start digging!

---------- Post added November 10th, 2013 at 04:04 PM ----------

The RI Quahog has wintered down. I barely got a dozen! They have dug themselves down about 6 inches or more. I was just about touching them with the 7" blade on my vintage diving knife. I was hitting more rocks than hogs! So the water was flat calm vis was a respectable 15' until I started digging. The temp was 53F max depth 14fsw bottom time 62 minutes total in water time 1.5 hours, used 2200psi of 21%.

6:00PM now the rewards. I have a big steaming stuffed quahog sitting in front of me cooling down a bit!
Oh there it is ! MMMMMMMMM! :)

Last edited:
I've planned a dive for tomorrow, Sunday in search of the shy and elusive RI Quahog at Potter's Cove Jamestown. A report will follow. The vis will be one foot or less after I start digging!

---------- Post added November 10th, 2013 at 04:04 PM ----------

The RI Quahog has wintered down. I barely got a dozen! They have dug themselves down about 6 inches or more. I was just about touching them with the 7" blade on my vintage diving knife. I was hitting more rocks than hogs! So the water was flat calm vis was a respectable 15' until I started digging. The temp was 53F max depth 14fsw bottom time 62 minutes total in water time 1.5 hours, used 2200psi of 21%.

6:00PM now the rewards. I have a big steaming stuffed quahog sitting in front of me cooling down a bit!
Oh there it is ! MMMMMMMMM! :)

I remember back in college 1979 my bro and I dove Fort Weatheral after a clamer had just run thru the area with some machine ,,,,man we loaded up on littlenecks like there was no tomorrow. Had to be Jan or Feb ...they were just laying on either side of a trench.....good eaten for days

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom