Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Dont' like either program

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Never saw either

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to be "RitzCarltonMan"

I'm completely alone, for a week at this big, gorgeous resort. Filming myself. Just me, the waitstaff, and about 1500 guests...

Alone at the pool, sweating... "Damn, this camera gear is heavy... Oh wait! I can call the bellman!"

Sitting on my bed, alone... "its been nearly 10 hours since I've had any nutrition, and that ficus is looking mighty tasty... Oh wait! I can call room service!"

On the patio, getting rained on... "great... more rain. Oh wait! I can just open this patio umbrella..."

Oh yes. I want to be RitzCarltonMan. Its my new series.

---
Ken

Man vs. Wild

Bear seems like a likable dude, who I could hang with. Les seems like a d-bag.

Read Peter Hathaway Capsticks books and you will find that non wounded Jaguars have killed men. Some were being hunted but were not shot or wounded in any way. One in particular made a game of backtracking his trail in wait for the dogs tracking him and later for the Brasilian cattle farmer following the dogs. Besides that they have been known to kill many cattle. Im not going to hunt Jaguars but will be traveling in the Amazon and hopefully the Matto Grosso and I wont believe some doctors study that Jaguars won't kill a man unless wounded.

That's my point. Throughout the series, I have seen him petrified of sharks, bears, wolves, coyotes, jaguars.....just waiting for him to talk about proper use of the Holy Hand Grenade in the event you come face to face with the Killer Rabbit. :shakehead:

To be accurate, in the latest Alaska series, Les mentioned that Bears were not to be feared. Agreed there is too much sensationalism and they both obviously pick foods that are more 'impactful'. Then again, they are not putting together a training video and how interesting would it be to watch a guy play solitaire? (we already know the answer to Texas Hold'em)

If Bear had done that show, he would have slept overnight on a yacht, and claimed the braved a typhoon, after chumming the water with his own blood and jumping in with the Great Whites.

yeah, that's why Man vs. Wild makes for great television...

I like Survivorman much better though there are times when it does get a bit dull but then again if I was stuck in the middle of nowhere things might get a bit dull. So many of the things I've seen on Man vs. Wild are obviously staged because of the camera angles. With Bear everything seems to be a game and he has a no worries attitude. Les at least at times admits that he is miserable and not having the time of his life.

Bear has at least put on a good miserable act before on the show. He's just miserable with a british accent so it doesn't appear so bad....

Really need to come up with a drinking game for Man vs. Wild:

drink once every time he says "disorientated"
drink twice every time he says "i'm going to do <this incredibly stupid thing> to show you how to get out of it"
drink three times every time he eats or drinks something awful
chug if he does something clearly staged or he has new clothes on
drink once every time he shows his bare ***

etc...

Bear has at least put on a good miserable act before on the show. He's just miserable with a british accent so it doesn't appear so bad....

Really need to come up with a drinking game for Man vs. Wild:

drink once every time he says "disorientated"
drink twice every time he says "i'm going to do <this incredibly stupid thing> to show you how to get out of it"
drink three times every time he eats or drinks something awful
chug if he does something clearly staged or he has new clothes on
drink once every time he shows his bare ***

etc...

No wonder this is my wife's favorite show.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom