Manado Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I cancelled the Manado portion of my trip today. It was too late to cancel Lembeh, but they are going to try and sell my space so I could be credited. I doubt the workshop will happen, so today I booked one in Anilao preceded by a week at Tulamben in next April.
This is not a " I told you so ". In May last year I wrote: Personally my impression is that it just starts here in Indonesia (as in most parts of the world). Laurie I think you have to consider a plan B for your holidays.
Now, one year later, we still cannot know what to expect. We have the great news about how well the vaccines work and the new guidelines of the CDC in the US about masks and vaccinated people. And we have the daily news from India and other countries in the area. In Indonesia 5% of the population of 270 million has been vaccinated until now. Philippines are performing worse until now.
If fully vaccinated people hardly can infect others anymore, I do not see any reasons why Indonesia would not open for foreign tourists. Although, the variants might be a reason to be more careful.

I cancelled the Manado portion of my trip today. It was too late to cancel Lembeh, but they are going to try and sell my space so I could be credited. I doubt the workshop will happen, so today I booked one in Anilao preceded by a week at Tulamben in next April.
This is not a " I told you so ". In May last year I wrote: Personally my impression is that it just starts here in Indonesia (as in most parts of the world). Laurie I think you have to consider a plan B for your holidays.
Now, one year later, we still cannot know what to expect. We have the great news about how well the vaccines work and the new guidelines of the CDC in the US about masks and vaccinated people. And we have the daily news from India and other countries in the area. In Indonesia 5% of the population of 270 million has been vaccinated until now. Philippines are performing worse until now.
If fully vaccinated people hardly can infect others anymore, I do not see any reasons why Indonesia would not open for foreign tourists. Although, the variants might be a reason to be more careful.

You cannot be serious!!!
You have to be very very optimistic to book diving trip to both Indonesia and Philippines for Apr 2022!
You should had cancelled the Manado trip months ago!

The Indonesia trip was an underwater photo workshop at Lembeh booked pre-Covid for September last year. Bluewater Photo rescheduled it for September this year and won't release the funds until four weeks before the trip date. Manado was an add on and I didn't pay anything for it yet. No reason to cancel until now. I'm not worried about the April-May date. I'm actually hoping they will cancel the Lembeh workshop since I will then have the Anilao portion paid for.

What about June 2022 Komodo?

What about June 2022 Komodo?
I would suggest you should keep an eye on the progress of the vaccination program in Indonesia. Domestic travelling is available, except between 6-17 May, but NOT internationally at the moment unless you have business visa(?).
If you have not paid then you should at least postpone it by few more months.
Look at Taiwan and Thailand now! Anything is possible with this virus.

Well, I just was pointed to some facts I did not know yet. Maybe after all not a good idea allow tourists enter yet: Singapore announces new restrictions after vaccinated airport workers become infected.

We are having another wave in singapore. Even those that have been vaccinated are still getting infected (At the moment we are only using Pfizer and Modena vaccines). The good thing is those vaccinated are only down with flu symptoms and do not require oxygen or icu treatment. The great unknown is whether the vaccinated people can still spread the virus.
Cheers everyone and take care!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom