Mandatory TDA membership

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great you brought this up. This is the whole reason I started this thread. The local TDA rep came into my dive centre and bellowed "Today ve haf zer new law"! No need to state the ethnic background. He then went into his convert or die tirade, as well as the "ve need at least 10 centres to agree to TDA to sink wrecks of the aircraft here, just like Phuket". Where we could sink the bloody things off Ao Nang is anyones guess. Maybe at 30m depth off Phi Phi somewhere!!! Then he told me his fee to install the new and improved CMAS brain into my PADI head. I did hear he has subsequently had a good listening to from PADI SE Asia top brass.

These people are dealing in mis information. As said earlier, if you are PADI, report this to Hans U.

Top brass was in Thailand but the current TDA/CMAS main chief in charge flatly refused to meet.

Top brass will be here again within a few weeks to deal again with the situation and will hopefullly manage to meet up with the supposed 'one man show'.

Hans and top brass are fully aware of the gravity of the situation, so it seems.

Great you brought this up. This is the whole reason I started this thread. The local TDA rep came into my dive centre and bellowed "Today ve haf zer new law"!

I think we need to be very careful, for every one of us that resists, ten random dive centres will get it.

i've seen the films

jamie

Hi Jamie
Dave here
What do you mean by that please explain.
By the way how are you doing ,did not hear from you for a long time.

From the TDA/CMAS forum;

Just a short and official NOTE!

From TODAY on the Province Phuket is the first confirmed province who issues OFFICIAL the seasonal TDA WORK PERMIT.

After a final meeting yesterday, the 14th of October 2008, the TDA Delegation and the Phuket Labour Department under the Chief of Phuket Provincial Employment Office, Khun Nattaya Anudit, agrees to issue seasonal Work Permits for TDA Academies and their TDA Instructors.

The program is a first pilot project to be later spred on the other provinces to make it easier for the TDA Instructors and Dive Acadenies to issue TDA certificates.

Khun Nattaya Anudit was as well appointed from the TDA President Khun Ronnachai Chindapol to be a TDA Honorary President for her engagement and cooperation with the TDA.

For more details please contact the TDA Office

Just wondering... did someone in TDA think that those olympic rings on the CMAS website made them look 'big time'? lol

Well.. along with the "World Underwater Federation" or CMAS are these 'Olympic' sports:
Tug of War International Federation
International Life Saving Federation (life saving is a sport? if the victim dies... do you still win the broze medal? lol)
International Korfball Federation (what's a korf? lol)
World Bridge Federation (Bridge isn't a sport. It's a card game. Why not have the "Internalation texas hold'em Federation" and the "World Blackjack Associatipn" too? lol)

And... next up will be probably be the World Adult Kickball Association
Kickball.com - World Adult Kickball Association
And can't leave out the International Dodgeball Federation
dodgeball

International Korfball Federation (what's a korf? lol)
Watch your mouth a bit.

We, the Dutch, are world champions Korfbal already for years and years. Our main competitors are the Belgiums, but they still have a lot to learn about this beautiful game (men-women mixed game BTW).

The TDA put this in the Phuket Gazette last month;

"Emergency medical training course for scuba staff

PHUKET CITY: Badalveda Diving Medicine Network, on behalf of TDA Diving Association (Thailand) and Bangkok Phuket Hospital, is pleased to announce the presentation of an Emergency Medical Management Training Course to be offered to the general scuba diving community.

The course will include Basic First Aid, Oxygen Provider and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training that can improve the emergency medical service available to divers in Thailand".

Ok, any training is a good thing, but wouldn't it be better to contact the dive centres rather than make a newspaper article. I see it as propaganda. They take credit for what these organisations do anyway. The SSS do the same for us around Ao Nang and don't charge for it, my Thai staff did the course.

Are there seperated shower facilities after the game?

No, boys and girls all shower together in Holland and bring their soapy toys with them. Everywhere and all the time.
In fact, we even have camp grounds where only naked people are allowed to enter and entertain themselves.
Holland is one BIG party ground and we do it everywhere and all the time.
That's why the Dutch and NOT the French are some of the most incredible lovers on the planet. Our little dirty secret...

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom