Mandatory TDA membership

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting list there Ringo.

one or two of the stores have stopped trading some time ago,some have not renewed since the inception of TDA.

showboating at its finest.

A real shame as the idea of an association that brings everybody together, raises standards and promotes diving in Thailand for all is great ! The reality it seems is a lot more objective and set solely for a Cmas agenda.

Last edited:
The reality it seems is a lot more objective and set solely for a Cmas agenda.
That may be a conclusion, but is IMO not fair towards CMAS. I think it is mainly a 1-person show, who is using CMAS Thailand to make himself more important.

Even the biggest DC's that are a TDA member are not happy with the recent developments within the TDA, but with one person running the show it is extremely difficult to change things.

Unfortunately I do not see CMAS making any objections to what is happening,Locally or globally

They did not make a statement countering the latest attempt to enforce their agency and instructors to every dive center in Thailand.

All the other agencies have tried to get on board but will not and cannot be second fiddle to CMAS. If it was an even playing ground it would be a true association with all agency's on board.Then we would have a true association working for everybody.

Spot on Stiggy.

However, doesn't the CMAS system allow their local affiliations to do however they please? Not regarding course standards, but on an organisational level?
It also surprises me that the overall CMAS representatives let this go on. They had similar set ups in France and Greece but these markets have been 'freed up' now.

One fo their big 'trump' cards is that next year there will be a world wide gathering of CMAS affiliates in Phuket. The TDA/CMAS boys consider this the best thing since sliced bread and another thing to impress who ever they're dealing with at Thai local government level.

That sounds like a good opportunity to have the whole of the dive industry to make public demonstrations outside their conference centre. maybe get some TV coverage, maybe even get the locals to close off Phuket airport so they can't land........:rofl3:

That sounds like a good opportunity to have the whole of the dive industry to make public demonstrations outside their conference centre. maybe get some TV coverage, maybe even get the locals to close off Phuket airport so they can't land........:rofl3:

Great idea! What about a big Clean up the Reef Day as a friendly protest to get public attention. Could both sides of the pond get together on this? We can resume bashing once it is over.

Hi guys
Thanks for the info !!
I am still worried seems Cmas wants world domination ,and are using the TAT to enforce things upon us .
I have nothing against TDa itself as it brings all dive centers together but i don,t need any local Cmas representive breathing in my neck and tell me what i can ,and cannot do , it feels like they want to hijack your business.

Great you brought this up. This is the whole reason I started this thread. The local TDA rep came into my dive centre and bellowed "Today ve haf zer new law"! No need to state the ethnic background. He then went into his convert or die tirade, as well as the "ve need at least 10 centres to agree to TDA to sink wrecks of the aircraft here, just like Phuket". Where we could sink the bloody things off Ao Nang is anyones guess. Maybe at 30m depth off Phi Phi somewhere!!! Then he told me his fee to install the new and improved CMAS brain into my PADI head. I did hear he has subsequently had a good listening to from PADI SE Asia top brass.

These people are dealing in mis information. As said earlier, if you are PADI, report this to Hans U.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom