Mangled toe.... and pride

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had an embarassing accident a few months ago when I rolled my wheeled gear bag over my big toe when wearing flip-flops. The nail was ripped off almost totally and I, too, left a nice pool of blood on the dock. The toe didn't stop hurting for several weeks and the only shoe I could wear was an old running shoe with the top of the shoe cut out to leave the toe exposed to prevent any pressure from touching the toe.

I now wear closed toe crocs and keep them on until I put on the dive boots even though my dive buddy (my son) gives me a hard time about how weird the crocs look.

I almost sliced my finger bad when taking out the Mares cruise roller out of the car into the house in the Brac after a LONG day of flying. It did cut deep but it could have been worse. It got caught in the wheel. Figures.... A few feet away from arriving and I get hurt.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Aside from nearly knocking myself out from hitting myself in the face when using wetsuits (thank goodness I went to a drysuit) I have been fortunate not to have sustained any injuries while diving. I can attest to the pain of mangled toes though but that's an entirely different story :wink: .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom