Manifold for new PST E-series.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought a 300din sea elite manifold for a pair of used hp PST tanks that I'm buying from my LDS. Of course this manifold does not fit thiese tanks and apparenlty no "good" mainfold will.

So, now I'm think I need to beg the LDS to let me stop paying off the old hps (on layaway) and the put the cash toward a set of the new E- series tanks.

So, can I keep the 300 sea elite or do I need the 200 for the E-series?

Any other comments on my prediment besides pointing out how sutpid I am?

Thanks

I have a Dive-Rite 300 BAR Din Manifold on my PST 130's. (At the time there was a wait on the Sea-Elite)
Some tried to tell me I didn't need 300 BAR, that 200 would work just fine. I insisted that 300 BAR was what I wanted. :wink:

PS. You are not stupid!
It's just that some learning experiences cost more than others!!:wink:

Did you get the manifold from Diver's Supply? If so they *used* to carry the 7/8 HP valves, which is what you need. See if you can exchange them.

Roak

I would keep the Sea ELite 300 bar.

The big question is, will your LDS work with you to get you into the new E-series cylinders. I think you need to figure that out first.

If they will, then you are all set. ALot of people use the 300 bar manifold with the new E-series tanks, and also with the old LP cylinders. No Problem, maaan...

Thanks guys, I'll post back how this works out.

One question, how come all the talk with the E-series is about the 130, I never hear any talk of the 100?

......more is better :wink:
I looked at possible profiles in two years time with more training. If I had bought anything else I would probably be upgrading later

I have a freind who dives the 100's (as singles). he loves them

MASS-Diver once bubbled...
Thanks guys, I'll post back how this works out.

One question, how come all the talk with the E-series is about the 130, I never hear any talk of the 100?

For most people, the 100 is too small for technical diving. It just doesnt give you enough gas, with enough reserve for thirds if you are doing deeper diving...

Unless you want to end up buying another set of doubles, if you ever decide to do deeper diving (beyond 130 ft, with planned deco), you will want a bigger set of tanks...

Now, the 120's are popular with some NE wreck divers, because of their profile (a little narrower than the 130's). The cave divers like the bigger tanks (130's)...

..and I got them for the reasons that everyone else mentioned. I will need the extra gas for doing deep stuff and caves while still maintaining thirds.

However, I took them on a 70' wreck dive last weekend and I will NOT be taking them on dives like this in the future. Granted, I only took them for a test, but they really are ridiculously heavy compared to my 72s or 80s. I can't see me using them unless they are warranted, but then again why would I want to if I don't need that much gas?

IMHO, it depends on what you will be doing...if most of your diving is shallow, then they are overkill and a major PITA. However, they are more versatile if you don't want to buy more doubles later since they can be used for the deeper, aggressive stuff as well as anything shallower. Another advantage, when using them for recreational dives, is that you can do 2 nice long recreational dives on one set of 130s without switching out tanks or topping off.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.

My plan was to get these doubles and rack up 50-100dives with them doing deep recreation stuff and then once I'm comfortable with the tanks, get some training to do a little deeper stuff in the 150-200' range.

I'm leaning toward getting the 130s and I think I'm going to keep the manifold, as I've heard nothing but good things about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom