Manila to Puerto Galera by public transportation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,
I am landing in Manila airpot on 10AM
What is the best route to reach PG on public transportation without spending the night in Manila?
Can I make it to PG on the same day and what are my options if I miss the last ferry (accomodation wise) and how early is the ferry the next morning?

Is there a place to buy a pre-paid sim card at the airport?

Thanks.

I received this information from a person I will be renting from in Sabang (near Puerto Galera) next month also I attached a link for the ferry schedule. All Ferries leave from Batangas. Based on your arrival time you might make the 330 pm ferry figuring you will catch a Batangas bus probably noon getting you to Batangas in time.

For a bus, take a taxi to the bus station at Buendia and Taft Avenues., in Pasay, a sub-city of Manila, close to both Makati and the airport. There are a couple bus companies there, DLTB and JAM, but I like to take the DLTB bus (their station is just across a small side street from a McDonald's). Take the bus that says "Batangas Port" in the front window. They leave every hour.

Minolo Shipping lines - Minolo Shipping Lines

MUELLE TRIPS (pier in PG)

- 6:55 am, 8:20 am, 10:15 am, 11:10 am, 12:30 pm, 1:45 pm and 3:30 pm

have fun

Is there a place to buy a pre-paid sim card at the airport?

Thanks.

All terminals have a Cell SIM store. Usually just a booth but it's quick and easy.

All terminals have a Cell SIM store. Usually just a booth but it's quick and easy.

I have them set it up for me as I'm hopeless with tech. Then of course I have to reset it when I get back to the states. I make note of my previous settings.

1. Get the yellow airport taxi(expensive) to Buendia Bus Terminal. I always take the cheaper standard white taxi but......If you arrive at Terminal 3 then tell the taxi driver to use Skyway(P30.00(?) for the toll) and turn off at Dela Rosa to Buendia. From Terminal 1 the route is completely different.
2. JAC Bus Station which is right next to M and its schedule is every half an hr and will even leave earlier if the bus is full. Bus(Ceres, dark blue colour or Gold Star which is yellowish in colour) for Batangas Pier nearest to M and the fare is P167.00.
3. http://leavingholland.com/ferry-schedule-from-sabang-beach-to-batangas-and-vice-versa/
Lady Rhealaine has 1630 ferry to Sabang
4.If you miss the last ferry to Sabang then you have three options:
a. There might be later ferry to Muelle(Puerto Galera proper) or White Beach.
b. Get a room at Traveller's Inn which is about 200m from the port terminal and if you do not have heavy pack then start walking. Motor tricycle never cost more than P30.00 for the local but......
c. Ferry to Calapan
Batangas to Calapan : Ferry Schedule and Fare Rates | Escape Manila
The only issue is the availability of transport from Calapan to Puerto so late in the day.

If the bus leaves around noon then you should be able to make it.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Make sure you go to the toilet before you get on the bus even though there is a toilet stop you may find the queue ridiculously long (also take your own toilet paper).

Nice enough trip on the bus, no complaints.

Greetings NNN, If you can lose one day, I can suggest you travel from the airport to the City Tower Hotel in Ermita and stay the night. The next morning take the SiKat Bus/Ferry to PG. Its about 1200 pesos RT. Large comfortable bus to Batangus then boat over to PG. Bus leaves at 0830 and boat arrives in PG by 1300, or so. I traveled this way for the first time last year. I was very pleased.
Good Dives, SeaFlea.

Greetings NNN, If you can lose one day, I can suggest you travel from the airport to the City Tower Hotel in Ermita and stay the night. The next morning take the SiKat Bus/Ferry to PG. Its about 1200 pesos RT. Large comfortable bus to Batangus then boat over to PG. Bus leaves at 0830 and boat arrives in PG by 1300, or so. I traveled this way for the first time last year. I was very pleased.
Good Dives, SeaFlea.

This is exactly what you should do. Nothing beats SiKat in terms of comfort.

I took plenty of times local buses from Buendia and, though ok too, the marginal extra cost for SiKat is definitely worth it.

While in Ermita and in case you have a few hours available the day before: check out Intramuros.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom