Manitoba Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decofreako

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Are there any wrecks in Manitoba? My obsession this year is to dive every stinkin' cesspool, pond, and lake in the province and find something worth diving. I've heard rumors of Train engines in Clear Lake, and planes farther north, but would be happy finding a ski-doo in Oak Lake.

That's part of the fun of it all. Just diving to try and find stuff. I say you and I go diving in Lake of the Woods and see how many stubbies we can find. Why in one dive, I had a 24 within minutes. With what we make at the vendor, we can buy an old boat and sink so we have something to dive on.

I found a pile of rocks in Max Lake(Turtle Mtn Prov Park) with some submerged logs, in about 10ft of water, a 4minute fin from the beach at the north shore(Not the boat launch). Found it with my head. Bonk! Looked like it could be the footing for a dock. After a 15minute fin on a bearing of SSW, I found the max Depth of Max Lake is a paltry 14ft. What's worse is the vis never went beyond 2ft. At least I could read my compass out in front of me, and not up to my eye like at Pelican Lake.... But alas, no spanish gold here.

Oh yay home!!! Got way too excited to see MB on a title :D

Clear Lake has a dive site - there is a tiny little boat in there lol, just outside of the designated area. Pretty small dive site, 2 tanks and you have covered every square inch of it

West Hawk Lake - The "Cat's Ass" was an interesting dive. Can't remember if there was an actual boat sunk, but the usual toilet, phone booth, sign to Timbucktoo :)

Clearwater Lake (The Pas) - umm.. nothing lol. Oh wait, a pumphouse, though good luck finding more then 30 ft if you are going from shore. Tried to do the hole in the middle of the lake by boat, but anchor was pulled off our planned 100ft bottom, and was just a swinging in mid-water with crappy vis, so that dive was called.

Cormorant - I seem to remember a rumor of a front end loader going through the ice at some point.

Ok home sickness has ended, I have the whole St. Lawrence to dive now. Did I mention wrecks galore this way :kiss2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom