Mansfield dam park map?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a fairly current map (2007) taped to the Travis Parks map at the dive area, but I did not see any info about an online version. There were not any extras in the folder. The map was created by Richard Von Trapp who is an instructor for Duggans Diving, I believe. Richard updated it fairly regularly last year, but I have not seen him at the park this year.
BTW, water temp was 77 at 20 feet and 65 at 70 feet. Vis varied from 2-8 feet. Lotta dust particles floating in the water.

There is a fairly current map (2007) taped to the Travis Parks map at the dive area, but I did not see any info about an online version. There were not any extras in the folder. The map was created by Richard Von Trapp who is an instructor for Duggans Diving, I believe. Richard updated it fairly regularly last year, but I have not seen him at the park this year.
BTW, water temp was 77 at 20 feet and 65 at 70 feet. Vis varied from 2-8 feet. Lotta dust particles floating in the water.

I hope it's more recent than the one on their website. I wonder if Richard V. would be willing to post his updated map somewhere electronically? Anyone know how to get in touch with him?

As Ron says, there is a map posted out there. That one does have alot more detail but I find Don Davis's map to be a little more user-friendly. I need Scuba Maps for Dummies. :lotsalove: The viz ranged from chocolate milk to pockets of up to 10'. Thermocline starts at around 30-35 and below that is diving-by-braille. At 46' viz was zero so I reached out into the murk and grabbed my "lost" buddy (she thought the Lake Travis Monster had finally found her! :D) and at that point we turned the dive around to search for clearer waters. Later in our 2nd dive a monster did find my buddy - a monster gar!
If someone else dove out there this weekend, can you please tell me at what depth does the thermocline end? Does the viz clear up below? Thanks!

As Ron says, there is a map posted out there. That one does have alot more detail but I find Don Davis's map to be a little more user-friendly. I need Scuba Maps for Dummies. :lotsalove: The viz ranged from chocolate milk to pockets of up to 10'. Thermocline starts at around 30-35 and below that is diving-by-braille. At 46' viz was zero so I reached out into the murk and grabbed my "lost" buddy (she thought the Lake Travis Monster had finally found her! :D) and at that point we turned the dive around to search for clearer waters. Later in our 2nd dive a monster did find my buddy - a monster gar!
If someone else dove out there this weekend, can you please tell me at what depth does the thermocline end? Does the viz clear up below? Thanks!

I wasnt lost, I was within reach, but when all of a sudden were in the deep dark trenches of the abyss when something grabs you AFTER being attacked by a evil ninja perch one is a bit jumpy lol...

We STILL didnt find the plane people, I think ya alls is lying. Theres NO PLANE in lake travis, but we saw the other toilet. Ive now seen as many toilets in the water as I have boats :D

I wasnt lost, I was within reach, but when all of a sudden were in the deep dark trenches of the abyss when something grabs you AFTER being attacked by a evil ninja perch one is a bit jumpy lol...

We STILL didnt find the plane people, I think ya alls is lying. Theres NO PLANE in lake travis, but we saw the other toilet. Ive now seen as many toilets in the water as I have boats :D

Me and k-valve found the plane when we were out there Memorial weekend. I haven't managed to find the toilets yet though, just boats, planes, dive platforms, lots of pink flamigos( or maybe just a couple getting moved around?)

Me and k-valve found the plane when we were out there Memorial weekend. I haven't managed to find the toilets yet though, just boats, planes, dive platforms, lots of pink flamigos( or maybe just a couple getting moved around?)

Pink flamingos? Wicked... yes theres a toilet, and we found some weird rectangle thing that was wooden... but on the map its just a blue rectangle so we werent sure what it was

I think I can find the plane next time, 175 degrees from the entrance point and then push through the murk layer. It's supposed to be at 65' or so.
Beware of ninja perch!:ph34r:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom