Manufacturers under different brand names.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a thread someplace on SB indicating the manufacturer of the various regulators and the equivalent.

There's a ton of incorrect information in that thread... Not to mention the whole "Clone" vs "OEM" vs "Made under License for" etc... Very confusing and bad list if you ask me.

A number of different branded masks are made by the same factory and use identical lenses. Which is fortunate for us stock prescription/bifocal users as the lenses can be swapped out.

Zeagle has nothing to do with DiveRite or Apeks. Apeks did manufacture Zeagle for a while but that has not been true for a decade.
The Dive Rite Trio, Apeks Quantum X and Zeagle N2Ition 3 are made by the same manufacturer (Seiko). That is likely why one might assume a relationship between these when actually they are just getting an item from the same manufacturer.

Last edited:
Zeagle has nothing to do with DiveRite or Apeks. Apeks did manufacture Zeagle for a while but that has not been true for a decade.

Sorry my post was obviously unclear I wasnt suggesting that the companies themselves were in anyway linked but am pretty sure the Zeagle N2ition, the DiveRite NiteK Duo/trio (and others?) and Apeks Quantum are made by the same manufacturer i.e Seiko.

Maybe some computers are re-branded. I honestly don't know if that is the case with Zeagle but not all manufactures can produce electronics so it would not surprise me.

Apeks made Zeagle Regulators a decade back. Now Zeagle regs are made by Zeagle in FL, so one of the few made in the USA regs. I dive and highly recommend Zeagle regs but they are no longer at bargain prices. Unfortunately their BC's are mostly outsourced to China. However the FL plant can service everything.

SCUBAPRO is UWATEC, and has been for a long time. They also purchased Seaman Sub, now SUBGEAR.

Close, but no cigar (yet) :D
These brand are owned by Johnson outdoors for may years now. Johnson Outdoors | Diving
As for masks,snorkels,fins and small parts,you'll find your toys here.
IST Sports

and here
SAEKODIVE
The rest they make to order

I've seen all major brands on the same shelf :D

Close, but no cigar (yet) :D
These brand are owned by Johnson outdoors for may years now. Johnson Outdoors | Diving
As for masks,snorkels,fins and small parts,you'll find your toys here.
IST Sports

and here
SAEKODIVE
The rest they make to order

I've seen all major brands on the same shelf :D

Wow... And Johnson Outdoors is a division of SC Johnson (a family company) big whoop.

Aqua Lung is owned by Air Liquide, and Mares is owned by Head does it matter?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom