March march march

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have been doing a lot of research trying to decide which shop to dive with, prices vary widely.

I'm spoiled from yearly trips to Bonaire and just going it alone. Now were stuck taking taxi's and waking up to catch a 7 am boat,,,, ON VACATION :-(

Should have researched Coz more....

Scott .... who are you diving with that you're catching a 7 AM boat???? I might be pissed to if my Op wanted to leave that early!!!:shocked2:

I'll be surprised if after your trip, you're not researching your next trip to Coz .... Bonaire is great diving and nice that you can do your own schedule, but you just don't get the reefs you'll see in Coz .... for many of us, it's become an addiction ......:D

Hi Kat,

We have not decided on a dive op yet, we possibly made the mistake of booking our hotel before we looked the diving locations. We are staying at El Coz way up on the north end. I did not write that correctly, will need to get up early to eat and catch a taxi to make it to the boat by 8:00 - 8:30.

Oh well I'm looking forward to some diving, hope it's all people rave about. :)

Scott .... okay, gotcha. Yeah, I will say getting up early when on vacation does suck. When staying in town, we do the similar thing and get up around 7, have breakfast, then head off in a cab around 8ish to meet our dive op down at the Caleta Marina. (Of course she's worth every peso we spend on cabs, but I'm a bit biased, lol!) Staying north, you might check out Aldora. They have their own Villas north of town where they pick-up their guests, so maybe you can catch a boat there .... and they have a great reputation as well. If sleeping a bit later is a must, they also do a late departure boat for people coming over from the mainland, and cruisers. I think you catch a number of dive ops from the downtown piers as well, so cabbing it wouldn't be too long, or too $$.

I will say, even NOT being a morning person myself, I have no issues getting up early to dive in Coz ..... it's my absolute favorite place to go. I look forward to seeing your review after you get back .... I hope you have a great time!!

We are going to have to get up early, a little too early..but having the boat come pick us up and having a ground floor unit. Huge bonus! A least there is no waiting around, I hope (depends on our fellow divers). In Grand Turk we were supposed to leave at 9am, 9:30ish was more like it. Ended up eating a lot of late lunches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

then head off in a cab around 8ish to meet our dive op down at the Caleta Marina. ....I will say, even NOT being a morning person myself, I have no issues getting up early to dive in Coz

No need to rush this trip.....

Back
Top Bottom