Mare, New Caledonia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I contacted a dive op named Lagoon Safari in Lifou, but was unable to book with them because their dive trip gets back a little too late for my ship's departure.

I hope you have an opportunity to dive in Lifou. However, Lifou is north of Mare. Although I have seen cruise ships anchor where the outfitt anchors their boats. Just did two dives with Lagoon Safaris. Our guide, Sebastien does speak English. The outfit took us to Gargonia Reef and to another reef close by. The structures and gargonias are breathtakingly spectacular. Never thought I would see Tuna, unless I was in open blue water... Water temperature was low to mid 70s with visibility as far as the eye can see.

Gear wise, Lagoon Safari provided us steel tanks. Yup, you read it correct, Steel Tanks with Mares regulators and BCD. Mine was equipped with a Scubapro G250HP second stage. It's rental gear so don't expect the performance of your own gear. However, everything worked and I was happy not carry additional lead on the weight belt. Shop also gave us one piece hooded 5/3mm Mares wetsuit, which were quite comfortable and did the job. If you have a dive light, bring it. We went through several swim throughs and arches.

The following is quick little video of the dive I did a few days ago.

Back
Top Bottom