Mares abyss or Scubapro Mk25 ??????

WHich one you think is a better performing regulator

• Mares Abyss

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • ScubaPro MK25

Votes: 47 63.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What second stage are you going to slap on them?

Personally I'd go with the Mk25 and S600 - I own four Mk20's and amongst others I have the S600 and it is a great combo.

Jonathan

Personaly, I would choose Apeks.

Between Mares and Scubapro, I think Scubapro is better choice.

MonkSeal

Between the Mares Line and the SP Line I would choose the SP Line... but between these two regulators I choose the Abyss... I have one and it is a workhorse.... you drop it, kick it, go with it anywhere you like, and it is going to deliver you the same air as always (or the gas you use, I use mine with NITROX most of the time)... Excellent all-around regulator... I've used mine up to 195ft on air, and it is even better than being at 60ft...

Note: I don't reocmmend you do the things I've done to mine described above to your regulator, even though it will survive it... :mean:

If I had to pick one reg, regardless of price, I would go with the Mk25. Great reg. Outstanding breather, durable and easy to work on.

Hey Murat- (same from Deeperblue?)

I love the MK25. But the fact it is a piston and has the swivel = harder to adjust and more possible problems.

The Abyss is a workhorse. bombproof and a Diaphram reg.

any particular reason for the choice between the two?

I had this same dilema a frew weeks ago. I went with a DS4 ATX50.

Willer

I just ordered my mk25 with s600. The main reason behind my choice was the service and availibilty of spare parts in my region. I heard apeks is also great but would be troble for me if I enconter any problems. Thanks alot for the information guys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom