Mares abyss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the tips. The regulator was recommended to me by my divemaster. I will be diving in mostly tropical waters, and I would be buying a new one.

You won't have any complaints. Everyone I know that dives with one like's it better than the Ruby. Don't know why they just say it breathes easier......

I hear it's a good reg, but I wouldn't spend much more than $350 for any reg because there are plenty of awesome regs for under that price.

My .02.

mike

How is it possible to try so many regulators.
I was able to try 3 models before choosing the mares abyss
Well of course how larger your experience is how better your wil make your decision.
But i was not able to try 5 different models, because around me people are using mares and scubapro.
The models they use is mares abyss, orbiter or scubapro mk20/g600.

So so

Ciao Ciao

sky,

I was able to try anything I wanted from the rental line while my wife and son were in their classes.Mares Abyss,Mares Orbiter,Aqualung titan, Seaquest something ,Apeks Tx-50,and another I can't remember the name of.Plus Personal equipment of Instructors and other divers.Also when I certified in the Bahamas last year I was using ScubaPro. I checked out a lot of BC's and regs before I bought.
Originaly I planned on getting the Abyss,But I like the Apeks better. They are both good regs.

Tavi

Would I need to change anything on a Mares abyss if I went from a regular air dive to a Nitrox dive?

Back
Top Bottom