Mares abyss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well you where certainly a lucky guy i didn't had those opportunities, good for you.
I am lucky that you where able to find the correct material for yoursels by comparing them out.
I wich i could do the same.
Here in belgium the material available for rental in diving store is not very wide.
I was trying to find as much as possible but could not.
I made a theoritical chose but was not able to find al of this material to try it out.
But i am far away of beeing disapointed about the material i choose.

Mares Abyss reg. / Seac sub pro 2000 BC. ( very good BC believe me and wath a confort...and very well coated by diver magasine )

Ciao Ciao Tavi and enjoy the material and diving

While diving with less than 40% of O2 it is not necessary to make your Abyss reg. " Nitrox compatible "
But it is better to do it anyway if you always expect to dive with nitrox.
Dont fill a AIR tank with NITROX always use a nitrox tank and be nitrox certified

Fa:)

When you buy a certain regulator and want to get the octopus to match, do you have to go with the same brand? Have is a little strong, I assume that most octopi(?) will be compatible but are there any dissadvantages with using a different brand Octopus than what your regulator?

Doesn't matter. Just make sure it is tuned down for reliability. The back up doesn't need to be high pro.

Mike

The Course Director of my dive school also recomended it!!:mean:

It is very good for all types of diving, including cold water.

The only issue is the "old" design making it a little heavier than the most recent additions to the reg family (including from Mares).

Second stage size and weight is also on the big and high side.

All said -- it is highly recomended.

Ari :)

On a back inflation BC, the heavy first stage actually helps to balance and offset you on the surface.....:)

Back
Top Bottom