Mares Air Trim Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I was checking the Mares Morphos Limited Edition and when I inflate the BC manually the Air Trim controller wont deflate the BC but the manual ones will. Is this supposed to be this way?

Greets and Welcome to SB!

I have the Morphos LE, and the situation you describe is normal. The Airtrim's pneumatic valves (fill and deflate), will only operate when connected to a pressurized tank.

In the case of an airtrim failure, or an OOA on the surface, you will use the manual valve to inflate the BC, and the manual pull dumps to deflate.

Regards,

Gary

I believe that the air trim uses air pressure to remove air from the bc. Maybe with the assistance of some sort of venturi (like a waterbed drain). This is the reason why the controls for it do not have to be at the highest point while dumping while underwater.

Thank you all. I bought it this morning as $299 seemed good for my budget. I will test it out this weekend in my pool and the following weekend out at a local diving lake area. Next up is a reg combo...

Hi all,

Just to clarify, the air trim technology does need air pressure to utilize the pneumatic valves. To dump air, make sure the low pressure hose is connected to the air trim mechanism, air on, depress the "dump" button. A very nominal amount of air will pass through tubes running from the manifold to the top exhaust valve and then to the lower exhaust valve, openning both valves simultaneously. Water pressure squeezes the bcd expelling the air through which ever exhaust valve is at the highest point. The benefit of this, is the bcd will exhaust air regardless of the orientation of the diver (heads up, or feet up) by simply pressing one button.

Poppagiorgio I am sure you will enjoy your new bcd. :)

Best,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom