Mares HD Icon display question....may be a dumb one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tardmaster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Zak or any of the other users,

In the logbook, the first screen of a particular dive, shows data. One area shows....... "%cns" and then a number under it. I can't seem to find an explanation of what that is indicating. Could it be..."percentage of compartment nitrogen saturation"? Like I said, it may be a dumb question and I'm probably looking over it in the manual, but I cant seem to figure it out.

Thanks.

I believe the developers from Mares Software are making the Dive Organizer ready for the coming air integration (AI) of the Icon HD ...

The CNS abbreviation might stand for Current Nitrogen Saturation (in percent) ... ?

When the AI is released and you go to your Mares LDS to have you Icon HD exchanged with a AI model, it will properly have a new and updated users guide in the box with explaination of the "new" features in Dive Organizer ... And if now, I'm sure that a bunch of questions will be published here in this forum :)

Best regards,
Jakob

Hi Tardmaster/Jakobon,

The %CNS isnt to do with Nitrogen or Air Integration, its to do with Oxygen...

CNS is Central Nervous System toxicity - so this box is basically telling you the % toxicity you have taken on in the dive. Its also known as the Paul Bert Effect after the guy who discovered it.

Oxygen acts like a poison at high pressures, leading to convulsions. This is why you plan dives bearing in mind the PPO of Oxygen - 1.4 Bar/ata maximum or 1.6 bar/ata maximum for emergency planning only.

Hope that helps!
Alan

Alan is correct. When you take a nitrox class you will better understand these values.

Best,

Zak

Alan is correct. When you take a nitrox class you will better understand these values.

Best,

Zak

Thanks alan and Zak,

I' already nitrox certified and it makes perfect sense to me. Just wasn't sure if that's what the unit was indicating to me.

Again, Zak (& Mares), thanks for a great product !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom