Mares icon and aliikai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pullmyfinger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I just bought an icon and an Aliikai. I was curious as to where the owners manual would be. We bought these at a dive shop about 2 hours away, I didn't realize that we didn't have the owners manuals until we got home.
I'll call the dive shop today or tomorrow, in the meantime I thought I'd post here and ask. Are the manuals available for download anywhere?
Thanks for the help.

Take care,
Mitch

Hi Mitch,

The manuals are ususally on our web site, but these two have not been posted yet. If your dealer does not have them, call Karen at 203 855 8666 x1212 and she will be able to assist. She can also forward you the registration materials.

Thanks

Phil

I got mine and put 4 dives on the Icon. Now how the heck do you fold it that bundle???? :D

Thanks Phil,

I'll make the phone call. Thanks for the quick response.
The BC's are really nice, too.

Mitch

Now how the heck do you fold it that bundle????
04.gif

It's actually quite easy. Make sure all buckles are undone including particularly shoulder strap and trim weights (these are what hold the "bundle" together). I undo the tank strap as well.

Once buckles are undone, lay BC out on the floor back of bc down. Fold over the weight pockets on top of each other. Fold from the bottom up into 1/3rds. It will naturally find the appropriate resting space. After the second fold simply connect the trim weight pocket clip to the mating shoulder strap clip and pull tight. Do same on the other side. I use the sternum strap to retain the corrugated hose and inflator. Then wrap tank strap around the bc, I don't thread the tank buckle all the way, just enough to keep it snug.

Hope this helps,

Wow! That was easy! :D

How much does the vest weigh?

Phil Mintz:
Hi Mitch,

The manuals are ususally on our web site, but these two have not been posted yet. If your dealer does not have them, call Karen at 203 855 8666 x1212 and she will be able to assist. She can also forward you the registration materials.

Thanks

Phil

Our owners manuals just came in the mail. Thanks you, Phil for passing on Karens' phone number. If you see her please tell her thank you.
I really like the Icon, by the way.

Take care,
Mitch

Back
Top Bottom