Mares Icon HD future SW suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would be nice if the computer and the dive log software had the same numbers. The dive log data never agrees with the computer on max depth, temp, and some other things. I never know which is correct.

On the 7th dive of 14 on vacation, before I could download those first 6 dives, the log of my total 105 dives in the HD Mares cleared completely. I would have hoped that the first 6 dives of that 105 might have cleared so there was a rolling log. Instead I lost all the data for those 6 dives. In Dive Organizer I can manually add some dive info, but you lose all the air details. Very annoying.

I've learned that the HD (not net ready) model will only have updates to correct errors in the software. Enhancements will be limited to the Net Ready model. Not surprising nor unreasonable IMHO. As is, it's a great computer. I bought mine as the Net Ready became available and got it for a deep discount ($425). I didn't want air integration and love it just the way it is. Of course I will be very happy with any upgrades that correct software errors but don't need any enhancements.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom