Mares icon hd net very important please read!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... and it will come back from testing as being without a problem. The time/date change can not be reproduced, so that makes it hard to troubleshoot.

I'm sure if there's enough noise, the bug will be addressed in the next software update.

Hello Mares Dev, are we listening?

Yes I know, like when it went away because the battery was draining, they said they think 5 percent a day is acceptable...
Well date changes certainly are not!
You were licky to have returned yours within the time frame.

Don't get me wrong, its a great computer, it does provide the info in a nice way, im just not comfortable with diving with it as it is, if they swap it out for a new one, thats fine with me...

My Suunto's & Uwatec (scubapro) air intergrated computers never gave me any probs waht so ever, I could pull it out me bag, set the mix & dive without worrying, the Mares Icon doesnt fill me with the same confidence anymore.

First of all 5% baterry drain/day for comp which sits on a shelf and doing nothing is not accaptable (in my opinion). My Mares was in service allready twice since September when i got it as a replacment for non air integred icon. First was the problem with battery charging. It was displaying that is charged to 199% IMG_0005[1].jpg(top left corner).Mares send it back saing it was battery problem, and they replaced battery.Next time i send it back becouse it was draining battery like crazy, they replaced transmitter. Now it will be shipped back agian becouse time resets by it self and on top of that is charging again to 198% or 199%. I love this comp for functionality and design, however i can't use equipment which has so many problem, so im stuck with my old beckup comp. One more thing i don't know if your comp do that, but mine when reaches 19% battery level shuts down and you can't do anything with it.

I had already noticed the time/date issue, and had it again today (Feb 26). I used the Icon HD Net Ready a month ago in Brittany, so I know it was fine and properly set. Today, the date had gone back 10 days and the time was wrong.

Does anyone have an answer from Mares, or know where to go on their support site to check whether this is an issue known and worked on by them?

@rafal1676: I had the 199% charged notice as well, but only once 6 months and it didn't have any impact on the actual battery life. Seemed it was just a display/software quick.

However, can this all be power management related? Is the battery properly delivering power to the clock component while the Icon is in sleep mode?

yeah ...you could choose new hobby ....repairing dve computers instead of diving :confused: .

Liquivision have problems with fast drain of their batteries on models XEN-XEO but these models have OLED displays not LCD with backlight like that HD ICON . They find out solution in 1/2 of year partly with new firmware power manegment , partly with better LiPo batteries.
As I said there was problem with fast depleting bateries , not problems with clock special not with watchdog -interall timer.

Last edited:
when my comp came back from service technition told me that mares wrote on working slip that this 198% 199% it iwas problem becouse of bad battery, so the replace it.Everything was fine until I start to charge unit for a fifth or six time.It came back again. For some people this maybe is not a problem but for me it is. I did't want to spend over $1200 for comp which has so many problems. Onother thing, if there is problem with charging system in Icon HD we could over charge battery, and LiPo batteries don't like that (I know first hand that they can explode).

So my computer has just changed the date back again 10 days. Do Mares even care about this problem?

So my computer has just changed the date back again 10 days. Do Mares even care about this problem?

I thought I would give you an update on the progress of my faulty icon HD that has the date problem...
I phoned the retail dive shop and advised them of the problem on the 22 Feb, they spoke to Mares UK who asked for it back to be tested, it was sent the same day together with a letter explaining why I was rejecting the computer, they received it logged the return and forwarded it to mares UK who received it on the 24th. On Monday 27th, I received a call from Mares asking if the battery had ever run out (which it had not, ever!) I explained why I was worried so they checked it carefully, they had noticed another change in date in the log so spoke with Mares head office in Italy to ask if they had any info on the problem, they said no but requested my unit so they sent it to them.
I have chased it twice now but get told there is no news and Italy are always slow!
I rang the retailer on Monday who said ring back mid week, tomorrow the 8th I will ring and demand action, it's not as if it was a cheap basic unit!
I will update tomorrow.
mark

Please do. I'm using this computer on a 5 ay liveaboard starting in 2 days, and am very concerned that it could F up my N2 loading.

BTW - I think from what I have seen, it is losing 10.1 days every time it skips back - 10 days, 2 hours, 24 minutes. Sounds like a programming bug.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom