Mares Icon HD Temperature Calibration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GAdiveguy

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is it possible to calibrate the units thermometer? My instrument reads between 4-5 degrees F high against all my dive buddies and a thermometer I brought along on my last dive. Don't know if anyone else has had this problem and found a way to resolve without sending back to the factory. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi,
I have not heard of any complaints about temperature variance. Our techs suggest at this point there is not a way to recalibrate without sending back to the factory. Due to the fact the factory is in Italy, this may not be ideal for you. Question, have you uploaded the latest firmware update? This may take care of it..

Best,

Zak, thanks! Yes, latest version installed. Sending to Italy isn't an option at this point - I'll simply make a manual correction in my logbook entries. Would be handy to allow temp to be adjusted (corrected) through the software, like the compass adjustments.

Hmm...I can definately confirm the same thing that GAdiveguy has seen. Temps reading 2-5 degrees warmer than other thermometer readings. I've not had a chance to try it with the newer firmware, but will soon. Besides, I think a new AI unit should be in my future soon anyway...These two test shoudl at least validate if it was specific to the unit.

Which brings up another interesting point. Mares has an unique opportunity to do some detailed research on the units being sent back (assuming they are going to the factory when returned) combined with feedback from the divers returning them to really improve their dive computers or at least plan for the next generation of them...I hope they take advantage of this opportunity.

Dan

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom