Mares Icon HD Wall Charging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sumDude

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi,

New to these forums and couldn't find the answer I needed.

Just bought the Icon HD - looks great - however, for some reason it doesn't seem to charge using the wall charger (charges fine through PC). Red light on adapter lights up, but the charge does not move from 0%

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi,

New to these forums and couldn't find the answer I needed.

Just bought the Icon HD - looks great - however, for some reason it doesn't seem to charge using the wall charger (charges fine through PC). Red light on adapter lights up, but the charge does not move from 0%

Any suggestions?

Thanks

send zak ohara (the mares rep on here) a pm. he ususally responds pretty quick.

Is it still not charging from the wall? If it is charging though your pc, there is no reason I can think of that would prevent it from charging through the wall. You are using same adapter, same cord, different plug. If battery is completely diminished it does take some time to get the bar graph to move from 0%.
If it still does not work, I suggest you take it to a Mares Authorized dealer. They should be able to help with a warranty claim.

Sincerely,

Zak

Thanks for the quick replies guys. It seems to be working fine now so I guess it was due to the fact that the battery was completely diminished as Zak suggested.

Thanks again

Great, I hope you enjoy your new computer.

Best,

I know that this thread is old but I had the same problem yesterday, and solved it.
It is confusing, when you see the small red light on the bottom right corner it does not mean that the computer is charging, that is not the charging light! But is when only 2 of the four pins are connected, and this leads you to think that you hook it up correctly, you have the light on and that it is not charging, when in fact it is not fully connected. I wear my glasses double, triple checked that the 4 pins were alligned with the 4 contacts on the Icon, no light will go on, when everything is connected securely press the philips head screw on the bottom of the interface clip to seat the pins as mentioned above.Then give the unit 20-25 minutes to charge and at that time the Icon HD should turn on showing a charging indicator by pressing any one of the buttons.

It is not until the wrist unit reaches a 25% charge that you will have full access to the menu on the Icon HD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom