Mares kalia - max weight??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chieftains

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Am looking at getting a mares kalia bcd, but unsure of the max weight you can have in the intergrated pockets, and also in the back trim pockets? I'm looking at either a medium or large size??

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Cheers x

Large is 13lbs and medium is 9lbs of weight per ditchable weight pocket. The soft "lead shot" pouches seem to fit better than the solid weights. You can also fit up to 5lbs of weight in the 2 "non ditchable" weight pockets.

Last edited:
Just back from Egypt were my girlfriend dived with this BC. She just loes it. Perfect she says...

I Bought the Icon.......Great BC.

No more weight belts for us ;o))

by the way... isnt the Kalia AT coming soon?

so if you can wait, this AirTrim system is quite cool!

regards
DeepB

There's going to be a Kaila AT? I just posted a different thread this morning - trying to decide if I should get a Dragon AT and trade in my Kaila. Maybe I'll just wait since I do like the Kaila. Any idea on when it'll be released?

i am not 100% sure, but i think I've talked to someone from mares something like 2 weeks ago who mentioned that they have prototypes of kalia|at (in europe), and all big problems sorted out, so i assumed that it will come soon (or later:wink: ).

but just let someone from mares comment on this then you are sure.

BTW: personally i think this AT is very comfortable for someone new to scuba, but for me it is just a small add in comfort, and i would never take anything other than a wing, even for rec. And it is sure that there is no pegasus|at or any other wing|at coming.

but that is already OT :wink:

regards
DeepB

Kaila At is being shown to dealers starting this month and we expect to start shipping around late December/January (in North America). Most countries will be around the same time.

Phil

Kaila is about to come with AirTrim. A the Icon? Does any body have some news about Icon AT??

Thank You
Éric

My wife loves the Kaila, when one of her friend was looking for her own gear, my wife recommended the Kaila. And she liked it and ended up getting one also. Great BC. I would get a dragon, to bad my epic vector is in such great sharp.

Back
Top Bottom