Mares M1 - sticky button

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

meagicano

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Mares M1 I picked up used - I got a great price on it, but the "mode" button sticks and only works intermittently.

Is this something that can be fixed? Does anyone have a suggestion? It's seen action in both fresh and salt water (and quite a bit of action at that) but ever since I bought it I've used it on 3 fresh water dives.

Thanks!

I have a Mares M1 I picked up used - I got a great price on it, but the "mode" button sticks and only works intermittently.

Is this something that can be fixed? Does anyone have a suggestion? It's seen action in both fresh and salt water (and quite a bit of action at that) but ever since I bought it I've used it on 3 fresh water dives.

Thanks!

You might try soaking it in fresh water for a few days and working the buttons now and then.

Aside from that, I beleive the buttons are factory-service only.

On the other hand, if you're really lucky, it's part of this recall, and you can send it back to the factory :cool:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/984439-post3.html

Thanks!

Hi,
You have the option to take your computer to an authorized Mares dealer where they can send it in for diagnosis / repair. It is possible that we may not have the ability to fix it domestically, at which point it could then be sent to manufacturing for repair in Italy. Honestly at that point I believe the cost of repair / shipping will exceed the value of the second hand computer.

Please let me know if I can offer future assistance.

Sincerely,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom