Shearwater teric buttons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi guys, I have a shearwater teric that I use basically every day and I've noticed after 680 dives that the buttons are starting to get a bit sticky. Maybe not sticky but not quite as smooth as they used to be. Is there some kind of aftercare I'm not doing that's causing this (I submerge it in fresh water for a little while every day when I get home) or does anyone know of anything I can do to make them smooth again?

Thanks in advance

First, like @lexvil said, when you do your fresh water soak, also work all the buttons a few times.

Second, your Teric might be due for service. I think a lot of people don't realize even Shearwater computers need to be serviced occasionally. I don't know what the factory spec is for service on a Teric. But, in your case, I'd probably just send it for service. 700 dives is a fair bit - especially if they are all in salt water.

Yeah, I cycle the buttons when I soak it after diving too. I'm a working instructor so it gets a whole lot of daily use. I will email shearwater and see what they recommend like you suggested. A service doesn't sound like a bad idea either.

May be time for a general maintenance service? Many people don't realize that Shearwater recommends preventive maintenance at anywhere from 3-4 years depending upon usage. I sent my Perdix AI in last year and it came back fully refurbished and looked brand new.

This is what is typically done on the Terics:

1687439600578.png

Seriously though, I didn't know they provided this service. It's a great way to keep your computer like new.

Back
Top Bottom