Mares Matrix for first computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine would reset date only if I let it drain battery completely. I think it can go over a month before that happens.
As for Matrix 2, I think it is only new firmware marking which is v2.0.

Hello Barnaby'sdad and admikar,

Thank you so much for your help. I understand your point regarding the date, but is not possible to change it directly in the dive computer (instead of change after dives) ?

I'm looking for something that i'll not change in the nearly years. And this one, it pushes my attention, because of the rechargeable battery. Since i'll pass some time between dives, i'm not "loosing" battery when i'm not diving.

Also for this one, the menu it seems so intuitive for a beginner (my case) that i think for below 300€ is one of the best options. I don't like the ones that have segmented screens. And only one button, and this one with the full dot matrix screen and the 4 buttons

Did you tested others already ? I want something below 300€, and in Europe i can find the Mares Matrix around 270€. I'm also looking for Suunto D4i (most expensive), Mares smart air, aqualungi300c..

Thank you in advance again,

Gonçalo

@Gonçalo Alves , I have not tested other brands. I did play with Suunto Vyper, and IMO, menu structure on Mares is better. If you read complete thread, you can see the things I like and dislike on this computer. Also, if you have any idea where your future diving path might take you, you might want to reconsider your decision and go with cheaper one, like Mares Puck, save some money now and use it latter to buy something more capable. Even if you buy Matrix or D4, in case you go tech, cave, wreck etc, it will be relegated to backup, so you might as well go cheap.

Hello admikar,

Thank you again for your help.

Regarding my path, i will start soon the advanced course and next i will see. I'm looking for something that on my trips i can use it everyday, without the need to take another watch with me.

Mares puck, i don't like because is an one button computer, and i think is not user friendly when you need to find something or to change.

Thank you both for your help on this, i will read some others reviews and take a decision.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom